The Action Plan on Climate Change in the Alps. The Climate Portal of the Alpine Convention: A regional node of information. Content of the Presentation. The Action Plan on Climate Change in the Alps The Climate Portal
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
The Climate Portal of the Alpine Convention:
A regional node of information
3. Current developments & synergies with the European Clearing House on climate change impacts, vulnerability and adaptation
- Average increase of the temperature in the Alps during the last century has been the double of the average increase of the Northern hemisphere (RSA II).
- AlpinePermafrost warmed by 0.5-0.8°C
- Patterns of seasonal precipitationare being modified (EEA, 2009)
- For every 1°C warming thesnowline will rise by about 150 m and the duration of snow cover will decrease by several weeks
- Future scenarios predict that those changes will be more significant, increasing the natural risks and hazards occurrence.
GHG Reduction : endorses the 2ºC max scenario
«Go beyond the international general framework to offer concrete measures that are specific to the Alps by promoting, both in terms of mitigation and adaptation, themes and measures that could be the subject of regional co-operations in the frame of the Alpine Convention, and by taking into account actions that are already in place on a national, regional and local level.»
“ The measures recommended for illustrative purposes are aimed at multiple stakeholders, either public – on a local or national level – or private, with the aim to change the attitudes to tackle climate change.
The Action Plan should also bring about common projects, promote the development of concrete regional cooperations and the exchange of experiences, and support specific scientific research projects. “
- Good Practices Databases
- Knowledge Center: financing, climate and energy portals