PDD Development Small-scale CDM. Carbon Markets – CDM project development, 8. August 2011 Jørgen Fenhann. PROJECT DESIGN DOCUMENT FORM (CDM‑SSC-PDD) VERSION 03 - IN EFFECT AS OF: 22 DECEMBER 2006. CONTENTS
Carbon Markets – CDM project development, 8. August 2011
A. General description of the small scale project activity
B. Application of a baseline and monitoring methodology
C. Duration of the project activity / crediting period
D. Environmental impacts
E. Stakeholders’ comments
Annex 1: Contact information on participants in the proposed
small scale project activity
Annex 2: Information regarding public funding
Annex 3: Baseline information
Annex 4: Monitoring Information
Chilinga catchment area
Luangwa RiverSECTION A. General description of small-scaleprojectactivity
A.1. Title of the small-scale project activity:
Chilinga Mini Hydro Project
A.2. Description of the small-scale project activity:
- Background, Purpose (tco2 eq displaced over project life time i.e.
generating CERs, General description (installed capacity, projected annual
average eneration(GWh), main component of h.e.p. plant etc) & SD
A.3. Project participants: (Project developer - Chilinga Mini Hydro Co.)
A.4. Technical description of the small-scaleproject activity:
Category I.D. – Grid connected renewable electricity generation
- B.1.Title and reference of the approved baseline and monitoring methodology
applied to the small-scale project activity:
- TYPE I – Renewable Energy Project. AMS-I.D. – Grid connected renewable
electricity generation (V. 13), EB 36 (December 2007).
- The AMS-I.D. methodology also refers to the "Tool to calculate the emission factor for an electricity system" (version 01.1) for the calculation of the baseline emissions.
- B.5. Description of how the anthropogenic emissions of GHG by sources are reduced below those that would have occurred in the absence of the registered small-scale CDM project activity: (Additionality – investment, technical barriers; financial analysis etc)
- B.6. Emission reductions:B.6.1. Explanation of methodological choices:
The emission reduction ERy by the project activity during a given year y is the difference between baseline emissions (BEy), project emissions (PEy) and emissions due to leakage (Ly).
ERy = BEy – PEy – Ly
B.3. Description of the project boundary:
The project boundary, defined in Appendix B of the Simplified Modalities and Procedures, encompasses the physical, geographical site of the renewable generation source.
B.4.Description of baseline and its development:
The Project will generate electricity without emitting GHGs and supply it to a regional isolated grid, displacing fossil fuel based electricity generation that would otherwise be supplied to this region.
B.8. Date of completion of the application of the baseline and monitoring methodology and the name of the responsible person(s)/entity(ies)
SECTION C: Duration of the project activity / crediting period:
Starting date, Expected operational lifetime (30yrs); Choice of the crediting period and related information; etc etc
SECTION D: Environmental impacts:
SECTION E: Stakeholders’ comments: