Senior Project Notes. Due: November 7. Sr. Project Notes Guidelines p15. Two deadlines for notes: 1 St Notes – Nov. 7: Background/History of Topic 2 nd Notes – Dec 12: Two Sides of Controversy. . Notes Step 1: Read, then take notes.
Due: November 7
TAKE OUT PAGE 16.
Breakdown should be as follows:
I. Background Notes:
A. Parenthetical citations and Works Cited are in MLA Format __________ /5
B. Notes are either paraphrased, summarized, or properly quoted.__________ /5
Direct quotations include an explanation in student’s own words.
C. Quality of Notes __________ /10
• Notes clearly relate to thesis.
• Notes communicate strong ideas.
• Depth of research demonstrates academic rigor.
D. Quantity of Notes __________ /5
• There is an adequate number of notes (minimum 20 notes on background)
• Note-taking from this source is thorough.
Total points for Background notes __________/25