- This Week’s Studies:
- This week we will:
- review all letters of the alphabet as well as their sounds
- introduce the sight word “play” and add it to our word wall
- continue to work with patterns
- learn how things can change when they move during Science
- prepare for our Kindergarten Christmas concert
- ***Please remember, to demonstrate mastery of letters, your child needs to know its name, write it, and use the sound. To demonstrate mastery of numbers, your child needs to know its name, write it, and show objects to match it.
- To demonstrate mastery of sight words your child should be able to recognize the word in several different settings (alone, in sentences, or in books)
- Plew’s Canned Food Drive: Plew Panthers are collecting canned goods to donate to Sharing and Caring. We are collecting items from now until December 14th. Thank you for your donations!
- Gingerbread house party (12/19)-All parents are invited and encouraged to attend (grandparents are welcome too ) If you plan to attend please return your green piece of paper to school by Friday. We will need volunteers to help with set up (12:00) and clean up. If you are available please let me know. Also please send all gingerbread supplies to school by Friday, December 14th. We hope to see all of you there!
- Annual Kindergarten Christmas Concert-Our concert is on Thursday, December 20th at 9:00 in the cafeteria. Please send your child to school dressed in their Holiday best or Holiday colors. Be sure to bring your cameras….it’s an event you won’t want to miss!
A B C D ……..
We have finished studying all the letters (and theirs sounds) of the alphabet! We will use the next to weeks to review. At this point your child should be able to identify ALL lower and upper case letters as well as their corresponding sounds. Our letter/sound knowledge will help us independently blend sounds into words.
READ! READ! READ!
Every night for 20-30 minutes
“Kindergarten teachers have always known that kids have to believe they can read before they can actually do it….”
-Reggie Routman, from Reading Essentials
- Important Dates
- December 10th-14th-Plew’s canned food drive for Sharing and Caring
- December 14th-Gingerbread Supplies due
- December 14th-Last day to turn in canned goods
- December 19th-Gingerbread House Party 12:30 (our classroom)
- December 20th-Kindergarten Christmas Concert 9:00 (Cafeteria)
- December 21st-January 4th (Christmas Break)
- January 7th-School resumes
Remember to save your box tops and soda tabs!
Box tops will help earn money for our school.
Soda tabs are collected, counted and sent to the Ronald McDonald House.
Remember to order your SCRIP…it is money you would spend anyway and it earns money for our school!
If you every have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me via the communication log in your child’s folder, email (LaPointeM@mail.okaloosa.k12.fl.us) or directly at the school (833-4100).