CHIROPRACTIC AND NUTRITION ESSENTIALS. WAYNE GARD CHIROPRACTOR ♦ ACUPUNCTURIST ♦ NATUROPATH 1 Secant St Liverpool (Near Westfields) 96009593 [email protected] Who Am I and Why Should You Listen To Me?. Wayne Gard is a qualified Chiropractor, Naturopath, and Acupuncturist
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. A healthy nervous system – your nervous system controls every part of how your body works.
2.Oxygen – it is crucial to breath correctly.
3.Correct Nutrition – Food and Supplements
It is a great idea to have your spine checked by a chiropractor.
Nutrition is 3 primary things:
Herbal and Nutritional Definition
1. Subcutaneous = under your skin
2. Organs = around your internal organs – liver, kidneys
3. Muscles = large muscles (eg football players) can simply be too much fat in their muscles….as opposed to a ‘lean’ runner – little muscle fat
- we have all heard of the skinny person who suddenly dies of a heart attack, and the fat person who never seems to have heart problems
Losing Weight and Losing Fat part of the body?
Your weight is determined by the rate at which you store energy from the food that you eat, and the rate at which you use that energy.
So if : Energy in = Energy out – no weight change
Energy in > Energy out – weight gain
Energy in < energy out – weight loss
Remember that as your body breaks down fat, the number of fat cells remains the same; each fat cell simply gets smaller.
Most experts agree that the way to maintain a healthy weight is:
- Central (abdominal) obesity – excess fat in and around the stomach (abdomen) – and / or High Body Mass Index…
plus any two of the following factors:
- Raised blood pressure (hypertension)
- High blood triglycerides
- Low levels of high density lipoproteins (HDL) – the ‘good’ cholesterol
- Impaired fasting glucose (IFG) – blood glucose levels are higher than normal but not high enough to be diagnosed as type 2 diabetes – often a sign of
Waist measurements should be taken as you breathe out. You should relax and not contract any abdominal muscles. The tape measure should be aligned at the level of the belly button, and circle the whole way around the body and back to the starting point.
height in meters²
Metabolic Syndrome – Starting Earlier !!!!! abnormalities occur at the same time in an individual
Medications for blood pressure control may be prescribed for patients with metabolic syndrome and a blood pressure higher than 140/90 mmHg. However growing concern over long term blood pressure medication side effects
Exercise – increases LDL
Portfolio Diet – reduces cholesterol by up to 30%, equivalent to drug treatment (statins)
- Oats – 1 cup
- Almonds - handful
- Soy – 1 cup
- Eat 5 meals a day – breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner
- Include Protein in at least 3 of these meals
- Only eat until 80% full
- avoid Binging – whole pack of biscuits, alchohol – getting drunk, loaf of bread. This stuffs up you Metabolism for a long time afterwards
FASTER METABOLISM = THE GOAL abnormalities occur at the same time in an individual
- Hydroxycitric acid – reduces appetite
- Leptin and Carnitine – reduce stomach fat, improve exercise energy
- Adiponecton – reduces fat and sugar levels
- Green Coffee – reduces fat
- Green tea – reduces fat
- HMB – reduces muscle fat
- B2 and B3 – reduce fat
- Iodine and Coleus – increase thyroid function = faster metabolism
- Calcium – increases energy levels
- Bitter Orange – improves fat metabolism
- HCA – reduces fat, reduces appetite
- Chromium – reduces sugar levels
Product Thermolight – contains all above plus protein source (energy, muscle repair)
There will be a ‘special offer’ handout from myself at your table.
Please take the time to fill this in and we will contact you to organise an appointment.
My contact details are on this form and I am happy to talk with you via phone or email about your health care needs or to answer any questions.