PATRIOTS VS LOYALISTS. Taxation. The colonists should help pay Great Britain for the French and Indian war debt. “No Taxation without Representation” is a false argument. The colonists should have total control over who taxes them (colonial assemblies or Parliament).
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
money to form and maintain a
national army and navy.
empire gives the colonists
access to goods from all over the world.
of the most intelligent, respected leaders in the colonies will be hanged.
Creek Middle School. One morning, your social studies teacher
Stops you for no reason and tells you they want to go and
search your room at home. If this were to occur in colonial times,
what document would allow this?
4. Why can the “Boston Massacre” be considered propaganda?
“These are the times that try men’s souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands Now deserves the love and thanks of man and women.”
This excerpt is an example of colonial propaganda
Who wrote the above stated passage?
and the sunshine patriot will,in this crisis, shrink from the service
of their country; but he that stands Now deserves the love and
thanks of man and women.”
8. What is the BEST synonym for Try as it is used in the first line
of the above-mentioned quote?
10. Suppose that your parents fully support raising the driving age to 18. Your state senator is coming to town to promote his views on the issue. Your parents are planning to attend the meeting, but you are planning to protest by speaking out against the issue. In relating this to the Revolutionary period, you would most likely be know as a:
Stamp Act c. Townshend Acts
Tea Act d. Intolerable Acts
store in the mall because of the treatment you have received in the
past, this type of protest is best described by
16. Colonists agreed not to import items that were taxable by
a. declaratory acts.
b. importation documents.
c. nonimportation agreements.
d. the Townshend Act.
a. made the colonists pay the war debt from the French and Indian War.
b. forbade colonists from settling west of the Appalachian mountains.
c. forced the colonists to respect the rights of Native Americans.
d. forced the colonies to trade only with Great Britain
18. In the Treaty of Paris, France transferred the Louisiana Territory to:
b. the United States
a. approved a ban on the exports and imports with Great Britain.
b. appoint George Washington military commander.
c. send the Olive Branch Petition to the King.
d. approve the raising of an army
20. What played an important role in increasing political activity and raising public awareness in the colonies?
a. town meeting
c. the First Continental Congress