TOK Art Gallery • Write down these questions: • What do you see? • What do you feel? • What do you think? • Gut Reaction: do you like it or dislike it? • What do you assume/interpret? • What do you need to know? • What are the personal and shared perspectives? • What Ways/Areas of knowing are used? • What is one question being asked by this artwork? • How does this piece help us understand our perspective of the world? Answer these questions in reference to the following set of artistic endeavors.
1. Ai WeiWeiDropping a Han Dynasty Urn (1995)
3. Inukshuk—Inuit Sculpture
4. Frizzell. Wine Country. 2012.
5. Terracotta Warriors of the Emperor Qin. China.
6. Maud Lewis, Cat and Two Kittens, 1952
9. • Artemisia Gentileschi’s “Judith Slaying Holofernes”, 1620
10. Michelangelo. David. Italy. 1504
11. Tiles, arabesque pattern, Mosque of Cheykhoun. Egypt. 1877
13. Salvador Dali, Hallucinogenic Toreador, 1970
14. Yang FuhuaShanghai Red Square, 2009
15. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Piano Concerto No. 21 - Andante http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df-eLzao63I 16. Bach, Toccata and Fugue in D minor, organ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipzR9bhei_o
Aesthetics Final Assignment • Find the remaining 4 pieces, on your own. Attach an image, description or a link so that I can see/hear/experience. Respond on the yellow sheet to the pieces. You could even go to a gallery (a brick and mortar one) if you wanted!