Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
SARITA S TAMPS A ND R EGISTRATION I NFORMATION T ECHNOLOGY BASED A DMINISTRATION. PUBLIC- PRIVATE PARTICIPATION: AN EXPERIENCE IN e-GOVERNANCE Govt . Of Maharashtra. Outline …. Pre computerisation Scenario Objectives of computerisation C-DAC’s role
PUBLIC- PRIVATE PARTICIPATION:
AN EXPERIENCE IN
Govt . Of Maharashtra
a) Develop a simple, speedy & reliable registration process
b) Build consistency in the process
c) Provide transparency in the valuation of the properties.
d) Automate all the back office functions.
1. Simplifying and demystifying the complicated process of registration.
2. Defining a “ Complete” document, which can be registered as per law.
3. Accepting only complete documents.
4. Returning incomplete documents immediately giving reasons in writing. Contd...
5. Deciding time limits for every activity :- the time norm for returning a document after registration and back office work fixed at 24 hrs.
6. Remove all backlog.
7. Introducing input forms.
8. Introducing city-survey number-wise Ready Recknors, for a quick and transparent system of property valuation.
9. Introducing computer aided registration process with a comprehensive software which enabled.
10.Technological inputs to bring down the time required for registration to about 30 minutes (for a document with 2-4 parties and about 30 pages)
The software of the registration department was developed by C-DAC. software has been developed in 6 modules -
1. Registration module-
2. Valuation module-
3. Scan & Archival module-
4. Networking module-
6. Search -
7. Vendor Management System
Auto technical scrutiny
Auto valuation scrutiny
Auto check on support documents
Return with a slip
fees (Based on Market Value) ,
Back office record
Scan & archival
Government of Maharashtra to do :
1. Capital Cost : approximately Rs.20 crores to the Government.
2. Maintenance problem : Lack of technically equipped staff within the set up.
3. Up-gradation problem : It would have been difficult to keep pace with the fast changing technology. Contd ..
6. Department Resistance / sabotage :
Intra departmental resistance to the changes would lead to frequent breakdowns and ultimate collapse of the system.
1. Build – Operate & Transfer (BOT) basis
2. Private partner to install, operate, maintain Hardware and to recover money through service fees charges for better quality public services.
3. Roles defined.
4. Approved by the cabinet on 21.07.2001
- Data entry
- Scanning the Original Registered Document.
1. No Capital Cost to Government
2. No Maintenance hassle.
3. 100% uptime ensured.
4. Staff devoted to core area.
5. Consumable requirement met effectively.
6. In built financial incentive to vendor since payment is on per page basis.
7. In built financial disincentive by auto penalty if more than stipulated time is taken.
Data Entry Operator
For issuing Token
Information Charts for Public
Documents pending for Admission and Identification only
Storage space for RecordCOSMETICS : STANDARD OFFICE ARRANGEMENT
Reduction & Rationalisation of Stamp duty for Capital and Commodity market transactions.
Payment of stamp duty by way of consolidation by insurance companies.
The administrative setup in the Department was restructured
Law graduate’s and qualified persons to be appointed as Sub-Registrar’s.
Sale of Stamps by way ofElectronic Franking
a. Franking by Proper Officer
b. Franking by Institutions for self use
i.e.Banks/ Insurance companies.
Annual Schedule of Rates (ASR)
. leave & license
Connect to central server
Generation of Unique No.
Imprint of No. & 2 D Bar code
Citizen with imprinted
Connect to central
Scan 2d bar code &
Allows data capture
To relevant fields
& further date
Registration as per
The process to be completed by end of this year.