DIY Urbanism. Hao Li. The WikiHouse Revolution open-source DIY architecture. The WikiHouse Revolution Bring house design and construction to the masses through open-source designs. The WikiHouse Revolution. • Use easy-to-assemble CNC cutouts from standard sheets of plywood.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
open-source DIY architecture
Bring house design and construction to the masses through open-source designs.
• Use easy-to-assemble CNC cutouts from standard sheets of plywood.
• Anyone can contribute designs, download models, and assemble the components with minimal training or skill.
• They plan to use the money from their TED award towards such a lab in Rio de Janeiro, targeting thefavelacommunities that may gain the most from WikiHouse.
• Eight prototypes have been constructed so far.
• Include two zero-bolts designs.
CNC - computer numerical control
• download software for free, adapt it, improve it and share their own designs.
• The software produces the CNC code to print all of the home’s components out of plywood sheets.
Modular Cardboard Building System
Visit their site: http://www.wikihouse.cc
an innovative, portable, recyclable exhibition space
• Parametric design tools
• Digital fabrication methods.
Pavilion Architecture, London, UK
Visit their site: http://kreod.wordpress.com/about/
EFGH, New York, NY