Javelin Cognitive Test Analysis . Test and Answers. Multiple Choice: Circle the correct answer, there is only one correct answer. (3 points each) 1. . B. A. C. D. 2. When eight or fewer throwers are competing, how many throws is each competitor allowed? a. three c. five
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Multiple Choice: Circle the correct answer, there is only one correct answer. (3 points each)
2. When eight or fewer throwers are competing, how many throws is each competitor allowed?
a. three c. five
b. four d. Six
3. The male’s javelin weighs ___________ grams.
a. 600 c. 800
b. 700 d. 900
4. The javelin was originally made of ____________.
a. metal c. aluminum
b. Olive wood d. hickory
5. How much time is each competitor allowed to throw their javelin?
a. 30 seconds c. 90 seconds
b. 60 seconds d. 120 second
6. When may a thrower cross the foul line?
a. before a throw c. after a throw
b. during a throw d. never
7. What year was the javelin included in the Olympics for men and women?
a. 1908, 1932 c. 1860, 1930
b. 1846, 1902 d. 1900, 1904
8. What did the International Association Athletics Federations change about the dimensions of the javelin in 1986?
a. Moved the center of gravity two centimeters forward
b. Moved the center of gravity four centimeters forward
c. Moved the center of gravity two inches forward
d. Moved the center of gravity four inches forward
9. When competing a javelin thrower should wear?
a. Tennis Shoes c. Spikes
b. Baseball/ Softball Cleats d. The throwers should be barefoot
10. The men's world record was set by Jan Zelezny in 1996 with a throw of ________________.
a. 64.28 meters c. 87.34 meters
b. 72.56 meters d. 98.48 meters
11. The men’s world record was set by BarboraSpotakova in 2008 with a throw of _____________.
a. 63.57 meters c. 80.56 meters
b. 72.28 meters d. 87.98 meters
12. Which of the following is NOT one of the dominating countries in the javelin throw?
a. Czech Republic c. Finland
b. Cuba d. Britain
13. Who made the javelin hollow?
a. Franklin Held c. Jan Zelezny
b. BarboraSpotakova d. Thomas Cruz
14. ____False_______ A thrower may hold the javelin wherever they choose.
15. _____True______ The javelin must land tip first in order to be measured.
16. _____True______ Women use a 600 gram javelin during competition.
17. ____False_______ A thrower may cross the foul line after the javelin has landed.
18. _____False______ When throwing the javelin, one may choose to throw with one or both hands.
Fill in the Blank: Write out the dimensions including the units of each section of the runway in the blank provided. (7 points each)
19. ____26.25 ft___________
21. ____3.28 ft____________
22. ____13.12 ft___________
Fill in the Blank: State which grip is shown in the pictures. (3 points each)
24. __American_ 25. _ Fork_____
Because grades were consistently low, we decided to scale them. We took the highest grade and made it a 100.
Since 57 was the highest grade, we added 43 points to make it a 100. All scores will show the same addition.