By John Moskowski. Business Comparison Project. History of McDonald’s .
The business began in 1940, with a restaurant opened by brothers Richard and Maurice McDonald at 1398 North E Street at West 14th Street in San Bernardino, California. Their introduction of the "Speedee Service System" in 1948 furthered the principles of the modern fast-food restaurant that the White Castle hamburger chain had already put into practice more than two decades earlier.
The McDonald's headquarters complex, McDonald's Plaza, is located in Oak Brook, Illinois. McDonald's restaurants are found in 119 countries and territories around the world and serve 68 million customers each day. The official website is www.mcdonalds.com