Nutrition & MyPlate. Table of Contents. Introduction Task Process Resources Evaluation Conclusion. Introduction. WE HAVE CHOSEN YOU! Today you start your first day of work as a waiter at the famous Broadway Diner !!
WE HAVE CHOSEN YOU!
Today you start your first day of work as a waiter at the famous Broadway Diner!!
We have selected YOU, out of everybody who applied, to create our menu today!
Later on, you will be presenting your work to the class to inform them all about nutrition.
3. Print and complete the worksheet provided in resources so you can get some practice in differentiating between the food groups.
4. Now that you’ve learned all about these food groups, decide as a group what meals you would like to put on your menu and what foods from each of the food groups will you use in your delicious meals! (Make sure you use each food group)
5. Write down your meals on your menu. Name the meal, give a description of what foods it consists of and on the side of the menu, give a reasonable price $$$.
6. Go to the resources. Visit the Calorie Chart to find out the amount of calories for each of your meals and include that on your menu.
Phew, you’re doing a great job…almost there!
7. Now to finish off, include a healthy physical activity or healthy eating tip at the end of your menu! Waaaalaaaa you’re menu is complete!
Your group of waiters will now present your completed menu to the class. All group members need to speak while presenting Menu.
Talk about what you learned, what you thought was most interesting, ask the audience to ask questions.
Make sure to hand in your Menu and Worksheets to the Head Waiter!!
YUM! You did such a great job
That was the most delicious & healthy meal I have ever eaten, thank you healthy 5th graders! I will visit your diner again very soon!
Today, you learned and also shared with the class, all you’ve learned about nutrition. You are now familiar with MyPlate, the 5 food groups and calories of the foods you chose for your meals!