Taxonomy Questions. What is meant by the term binomial nomenclature ? What is the advantage of using a Latin name over a comm (e.g. English) name. Provide examples What change resulted in the six-kingdom system replacing the five-kingdom system?
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
a) Fungi and Plantae
b) Eubacteria and Archaebacteria
c) Animalia and Protista
proteins while the invading virus replicates
the host/cell types that they infect
b) list two viruses that are not host specific and
name the hosts that they can infect
1. Explain what is meant by the statement
“archaebacteria thrive on extremes.”
2. List 3 ways that archaebacteria contribute to human
3. Why is conjugation considered to be a form of sexual reproduction?
4. How has endospore formation guaranteed the survival of
5. In a laboratory experiment, a student grew a colony of
bacteria from a fecal sample. She suspected that the
organisms were E. coli. Provide a description of the
anatomy of E. coli to help with the identification.
Based on this data, on which day were the
bacteria the most active? Explain why.
1. What main feature/function is missing that prevent fungi from
being included in the plant kingdom?
2. For each of the following, provide a definition and describe the
a) mycelium, b) spore, c) hypha d) sporangia
a) Mycorrhizae b) lichens
4. Suggest a reason why store-bought bread may grow
mould more slowly than a slice of homemade bread
5. If fungi were wiped out, how would this affect our lives?
Consider the social, economic, environmental and medical
6. What steps could people who are allergic to fungal spores take
to ensure that their environment is relatively spore free?