Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
TECHNOLOGY AS A PACKAGE FOR EFFECTIVE TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER: Agriculture: in the state sector. Dr. C. Kudagamage Director General of Agriculture Department of Agriculture. Over View of the presentation. Present status of Agriculture in Sri Lanka State involvement in Agriculture
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Dr. C. Kudagamage
Director General of Agriculture
Department of Agriculture
*Source. Central Bank Report 2007, Table no - 01
*Source. Central Bank Report 2007, Table no - 78
Exports of Agriculture ProductsSharp reduction of Agriculture exports shareHigh dependency on plantation cropsNeed to diversify products and markets
Labour Force in Agriculture Sector* During last decade, labour force in the agriculture sector remain more or less constant.* Significant increase can be seen in labour force participated in services and industrial sectors.
Labour Force Participation ‘000
*Source. Central Bank Report 2007, Table no - 57
**Data excluded both Northern and Eastern provinces
Sector contributing to regionally equitable economic growth, rural livelihoodimprovement and food security through efficient production of commodities for consumption, for agro based industries and for exporting competitively to the word market.
DOA (1912), DEA (1972), Botanical Gardens (2005)
Major Areas concerned
Friday 6.45 p.m
Sunday 6.00 p.m
Sunday 7.30 a.m
1. Swadeshiya sevaya2. Welanda sewaya
4. Tamil Radio Service
5. Kandurata sevaya
6. Kotmale sevaya
7. Rajarata sevaya
8. Rangiri FM
9. Ruhunu sevaya
About 350 no of programs/month
The total no of visitors in year 2007
eg. 1. Saruketha yaya program – for Paddy
Average yield of paddy in Sri Lanka- 4.5mt/ha
Yield under saruketha yaya – 6.5 mt/ha
2. Technology package for maize
With hybrid seeds, better inputs, credit &
“Concentrated and well-focused holistic
thrust on high potential areas”
Package of Cultural
Farmer group /Tract
*Survey Conducted at 2006 Yala season
Compared to 2004/05 Maha in Anuradhapura District
1. Promotion of demand driven farmer accountable extension.
2. Improve participatory technology development through better research and extension linkage.
3. Use of information communication technologies in extension.
4. Farmer based organization for self-employment generation, input supply and marketing.
5. Empower farmers through establishing revolving funds encouraging savings micro-financing, bulk purchasing etc.
6. Training of farmers through participatory approaches such as farmer field school to understand and solve problems under real farm situation.
7. Introduce new technologies such as information days, crop clinics and agriculture campaigns.
8. Establish accounting system to monitor impact of technologies.