External Analysis. OVERVIEW. External Analyze Global Societal (Macro) Factors Analyze Global Task (Micro) Factors Industry Competitors. SOCIETAL (MACRO). TECHNOLOGICAL. TASK (MICRO). Industry. ECONOMIC. POLITICAL/ LEGAL. INTERNAL. Competitors. SOCIOCULTURAL. INDUSTRY. Definition:
Share Analysis & Forecast
Number Depends on
1. Determine which functions to benchmark
2. Identify key performance variables to
3. Identify the “best-in-class” companies
4. Measure performance of “best-in-class”
5. Measure your own performance
6. Specify programs and actions to meet
and surpass the “best-in-class”
7. Implement and monitor results
Industry and Its Submarkets?
Profitability in the Market?
The process of dividing large heterogeneous markets into smaller homogeneous subsets of people or businesses with similar needs and/or responsiveness to marketing mix offerings.
1. Analyze the Market
2. Develop Segment Profiles
Behavior of Segments
3. Select Target Segments Which
Represent Best Market Opportunity
4. Design Marketing Program for
Each Target Segment
5. Analysis and Appraisal