RECRUITMENT. Recruitment. - Process of searching for job candidates: - adequate number - qualified from which to select staff needed to meet job requirements. Recruitment.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
- Process of searching for job candidates:
- adequate number
from which to select staff needed to meet
Menurut Ivancevich (2007) rekrutmen adalah sekumpulan kegiatan organisasi yang digunakan untuk menarik calon karyawan yang memiliki kemampuan dan sikap yang diperlukan untuk membantu organisasi mencapai tujuannya.
Menurut Noe & Wright (2007), rekrutmen adalah kegiatan apapun dijalankan oleh organisasi dengan tujuan utama untuk mengidentifikasi dan menarik karyawan potensial.
Purposes of Recruitment
What is to be achieved and how.
Collect job information
Identify and attract a pool of
- Enhanced morale if competence is rewarded.
- More commitment to company goals.
- More accurate assessment of candidate’s skills.
- Less orientation required.
- Discontent of unsuccessful candidates.
- Time consuming to post and interview all
candidates if one is already preferred.
- Employee dissatisfaction with insider as new
- Low cost.
- Skilled employees may know others in their field.
- Recruits have realistic impression of the firm.
- Candidates generally of high quality.
- Larger, more diverse pool of qualified candidates.
- Acquisition of new skills and knowledge for
creative problem solving.
- Cost savings from hiring skilled individuals with
no need for training.
Planning External Recruitment
Offers made (2:1)
Candidates interviewed (3:2)
Candidates invited (4:3)
Leads generated (6:1)
Use of Private Employment Agency
- No HR department.
- Past difficulty in generating pool of qualified
- Position must be filled quickly.
- Desire to recruit designated group members.
- Desire to recruit individuals currently employed.
Executive Search Firms
- Often specialize in particular type of talent.
- Adept at approaching employed candidates
not currently looking for a job.
- Saves time.
Executive Search Firms
- Must provide detailed candidate requirements.
- Non-professional sales approach eg. may present
poor candidate to make other prospects more
- Media to be used depends on:
- type of position
- type of candidate
- Construction of the ad:
- AIDA (attention; interest; desire; action)
Internet job boards
- Post a job opening online.
Corporate career websites
- Create a pool of candidates with interest in
- Corporate branding.
- Standard application process.
- Online screening.
- Data can be kept for future search and tracking.
Recruiting Non-Permanent Staff
Mondy, R.W., 2008, Manajemen Sumber Daya Manusia, Edisi Kesepuluh (terjemahan), Jakarta: Penerbit Erlangga.
Schuler, R.S. & Jackson, S.E., 2006, Human Resource Management, International Perspective, Mason: Thomson South-Western.
Werther, W.B. & Davis, K., 1996, Human Resources and Personnel Management, 5th Ed., Boston: McGraw-Hill.