Mighty Jackie Day 2. Students will need: Reading textbook, Practice Book, pencil, and reading folder. Turn to page 58. Page through the story and look at the illustrations. What can you tell about the setting based on the pictures?.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Students will need:
Reading textbook, Practice Book, pencil, and reading folder
Page through the story and look at the illustrations. What can you tell about the setting based on the pictures?
2. Why did the news reporter say that Jackie would swing “a mean lipstick”?
3. What can you tell about the kind of person Jackie was, based on what you have learned so far?
1. Why were people so surprised to see Jackie on the pitcher’s mound?
What traits did Jackie reveal by pitching in the game?
Why do you think the author goes back in time to describe Jackie as a child?
6. Do you think the author believes that talent alone can make a person into a star athlete? Why or why not?
8. Do you think Babe Ruth’s attitude toward women baseball players was similar to most other people’s attitudes at that time? Explain.
9. Why do you think Babe Ruth got ready to “slam the ball out of the ballpark”?
10. How does Jackie’s father’s advice help her when the pressure is on?
11. What happens on pages 66-67 that shows Jackie might prove herself to be a good ballplayer after all?
12. Compare the way Babe Ruth felt after the second strike with the way Jackie felt.
striking out Babe Ruth wasn’t just
15. How did Jackie’s performance show the kind of person she was?
Remember that a good summary retells the most important events, in order.
complete PB 8.