Waterproof Cellular Phone Design Berhane Azage Jin Yoon Trey Whiteman Joshua Salazar Sarah Ohr Introduction Background on Cell Phones Market Assessment Why Waterproofing? The gist of the problem definition: Design a competitive waterproofed cell phone that is cost effective.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Background on Cell Phones
The gist of the problem definition:
Design a competitive waterproofed cell phone that is cost effective.
Existing productsCasio G'zOne TYPE-R, Can U 5025
water-proof, shock resistant, a 1.3MP digital camera, and electronic compass
High Water-Proof Capability, High Durability
Its “chunky” appearance, cost
Waterproofing Individual Components
The Outer Casing
*this is an overestimate of the cost; waterproofing components such as the microphone and speaker may cost a little less
- Completion of Design March 8, 2006
- Final Documentation March 20,2006
- Presentation to Class March 25,2006
- Building Prototype of cell phone April 20,2006
Ordering of parts, Assembling, Determining ways to testing)
- Testing I April 30,2006
Pressure levels, Temperature variation, Signal strength, etc.
- Revision of Design May 5, 2006
Developing alternatives if needed
Re-analysis of Budgeting
- Specification for Fabrication and Production May 12, 2006
- Sample Manufacturing June 15, 2006
(Note: length of time is due to outsourcing to China and India)
- Evaluation July 25, 2006
Focus groups (survey customer satisfaction)
- Solutions to customer requests July 30, 2006
- Marketing August 9, 2006
Research potential customers
Contract with cell phone providers
- Release of Product October 10, 2006
- Monitoring and Customer Support Ongoing