LABORATORY OF RETROVIRUS RESEARCH: LAB STRUCTURE. SECTION OF RETROVIRAL PATHOGENESIS Hana Golding, Ph.D. (PI, Lab Chief) Keith Peden, Ph.D. (PI) Marina Zaitseva, Ph.D. (Senior Staff Fellow) SECTION OF RETROVIRAL IMMUNOLOGY Dennis Klinman, MD, Ph.D. (PI) SECTION OF MOLECULAR RETROVIROLOGY
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
SECTION OF RETROVIRAL IMMUNOLOGY
Dennis Klinman, MD, Ph.D. (PI)
SECTION OF MOLECULAR RETROVIROLOGY
Arifa Khan, Ph.D. (PI)
Preparation of Guidance Documents for sponsors of new vaccines:
Monitor the Safety and Immunomodulatory Activity of
DNA-based products regulated by the FDA:
CELLULAR GENES INVOLVED IN THYMIC RECONSTITUTION AND IMMUNE MODULATION
low-dose irradiation; dexamethasone; estrogen.
CELLULAR GENES INVOLVED IN IMMUNE RECONSTITUTION
• Safety of tumorigenic cell substrates for vaccine manufacture
• SV40 contamination in human vaccines
• HIV coreceptor evolution and pathogenesis
Animal models to assess the oncogenic activity of cellular DNA
- combination of oncogene-expressing plasmids induced tumors in newborn mice.
Quantitative assays to measure infectivity of integrated retroviral DNA
- estimates for safe levels of residual cell-substrate DNA in viral vaccines
- tools to evaluate removal of cellular DNA
•quantitative assays to detect the presence of primate polyomavirus DNA in biological specimens
Arifa Khan (PI): Accomplishments
Simian Foamy Virus Transmission Studies
- assess risk of human infection by SFV-infected blood donors.
Studies of Simian Foamy Virus Replication
- potential risk of SFV propagation in simian and human cells used for vaccine manufacturing.
Strategies for Detection of Infectious Agents in Vaccine Cell Substrates