1. Heart Matters Information that will be tested
2. Facts 61 million Americans suffer some form of Cardiovascular disease.
Nearly 1 million deaths per year half from heart attacks.
The death rate dropped 26% from 1988 to 1998.
Heart attacks occur more frequently for 40 year olds than a decade ago.
3. Facts Heart healthy changes in lifestyle help decrease heart disease significantly.
Young adults however are smoking more and increasing overweight numbers.
Heart beats more than 3 billion times in the average lifetime.
4. Signals of a heart attack Persistent chest discomfort.
Pain or pressure last 3-5 minutes
May go away and come back
May be mild discomfort to crushing sensation
Discomfort, pain or pressure in either arm that spreads to the neck shoulder or jaw.
5. Signals of a heart attack Dizziness or unconsciousness
Short of Breath
Faster than normal
6. Signals of a heart attack Skin appearance
Pale or ashen color
Face may be moist or sweating profusely
7. Facts The absence of a pulse is the main signal of a cardiac arrest
Scientific term for cardiac arrest (Heart Attack)????
8. Cardiac Chain of Survival Early recognition and early access