The Logic Model: A Program Performance Framework. Steve Wyatt, J.D. Associate Dean, Entrepreneurship & Economic Development College of Engineering Extension Associate Professor Statewide Program Director, Business Development. October 13, 2008. Overarching Direction and Vision. MISSION
Steve Wyatt, J.D.
Associate Dean, Entrepreneurship & Economic Development College of Engineering
Extension Associate Professor
Statewide Program Director, Business Development
October 13, 2008
The Business Development Program’s (BDP) mission is to improve people’s lives and the competitiveness of Missouri businesses through research-based education and technical assistance to enhance Missouri’s economy.
Within the next five years, the Business
Development program’s vision is to:
1. Be recognized as a leader in the University’s economic development mission and build linkages among students, faculty and businesses to promote research, learning, service, economic growth and quality of life.
2. Be recognized as the national and statewide leader in entrepreneurial development and the creation and growth of small businesses from inception to tomorrow’s enterprise leaders.
3. Become a valued and trustworthy business information source, disseminating business research, resources, training and information for business, policy makers and individuals.
4. Become a market-driven organization that serves entrepreneurs, businesses and Missouri’s workforce with customer-focused programs that are fundablefrom program revenues, donations, grants and stakeholders.
5. Be recognized for our training and learning innovations that effectively use students, businesses, faculty, technology and staff to enhance the learning process for clients and the economy of Missouri.
If you can’t recognize failure, you can’t correct it
If you can demonstrate results, you can win public support
Osborne and Gaebler, 1992 in MQ Patton, 1997:14
Short Medium Long Term
What we invest
What we do
Who we reach
University of Wisconsin-Extension Cooperative Extension, E. Taylor-Powell, 1998, Business Development Programs
Field Faculty – 39.8 FTE
Leadership/Administration – 9.15 FTE
Money – $4,500,000
Program Time – 40,596 hours
-webCATS, webAPPS, Portal, survey tools
What we doWho we reach
What results for individuals, businesses, communities
1.22 / 5
Northwest Missouri State University
Macon County Extension Office
Holt County Extension Center
NMSU St. Joseph
Monroe County Extension Center
Clay County Extension Center
Audrain County Extension Center
Cass County Extension Center
St. Louis City
St. Charles County Extension Center
St. Louis County Extension Center
Cole County Extension Center
University of Central Missouri
Camden County Extension Center
Phelps County Extension
Missouri Southern State University
Madison County Extension Center
Cape Girardeau County Extension Center
Missouri State University
Southeast Missouri State University
Greene County Extension Center
MSU –West Plains
Taney County Extension Center
Howell County Extension Center
Locations - 2007