UBS Motorsport Day Post-event Report 17-FEB-2005. Project General Review. The Event The event was created and developed to deliver an exciting ‘inside’ experience at the Shanghai International Circuit proving guests with a ‘money can’t buy’ driving experience.
The event was created and developed to deliver an exciting ‘inside’ experience at the Shanghai International Circuit proving guests with a ‘money can’t buy’ driving experience.
- A strong and clear event management concept.
- A group of interested attendees.
- A professional and confident event management team.
- A professional driving team.
- A safe, enjoyable and practical driving day at the track.
- An enjoyable tour of the circuit.
- A fun motorsport day with a team.
- Resourced and briefed FRD about the driving process management.
- Identified on track opportunities and the ‘driving experience’
- Developed the experience of race car driving at the event.
- Managed the business relationship with SIC to gain additional support to
- Developed consolidated image on one hundred knife flags, fifty
cloth painting banners and several big backdrops.
- The production items were in line with the event management concept
UBS logo and corporate color were studied and applied precisely to meet
the client’s expectations.
- The fun and pleasant atmosphere was enhanced by the decoration and
other elements based on the concept.
- 200 jackets with UBS logo were made for guests for additional discreet
branding the event and to guard against unpleasant weather.
- Grid Girls wore Frontiers designed uniforms to add to the event atmosphere.
- A catering service for 180 people was prepared.
- Due to the reduction on numbers of attendees, the over-supplied food and
beverage were donated to a local charity under the name of UBS AG,
Hong Kong Branch.
- Driving Laps on the track
-A minimum of three laps for each guest on the track.
-The top three performers enjoyed a high-speed passenger ride as proposed. -Special guests were offered extra laps according to UBS’s requests.
- Autocross Competition
-Three to five laps. Guests were encouraged to have fun while competing
- Accident Avoidance
-Three to five laps according to timing and guests’ interests.
-More practicing time was available for guests.
- 23 VW Polo cars were used for the event
- A professional team of 37 FRD Staff came to operate the event.
- Sufficient helmet and balaclavas were provided for the guests.
- Cars were maintained, repaired and strictly tested by professional mechanic examiner to ensure the safety.
- FRD Driving Completion Certificate was given to every guest.
- Nine bottles of Champagne were provided as the prizes for winners.
- Helmet and racing uniform were displayed at the conference to promote the driving event internally. Grid girls took promotion role during a conference day.
- Back up items prepared before the event day accordingly.
- Frontiers Group employed three professional photographers
to take about one thousand photos which covered
different event sessions, on track signage and guests.
- FRD had photographers to take group and individual
photos of the guests.
- Frontiers Group selected and profiled the photos to
make one hundred CDs for guests as a momento of the
- FRD and SIC were motivated to learn the event and client business needs for
- The event process and detailed arrangement by Frontiers Group
managed the internal and external business expectation
- Due to the business relationship developed between Frontiers and FRD and
SIC, the insurance and car damage requirements and responsibility were
shared by all parties to limit the client risk.
- Frontiers Group and all suppliers for the event learned about
UBS brand production requirements.
- Event management staff of Frontiers Group invested in the detail
of the event so as to deliver quality results in production and
customer service management.
Delivery Standard Management
- Frontiers Group achieved consistent high standard of items under
- Frontier Group understood the UBS brand image and corporate
culture positively through studying the business needs.Frontiers Group Achievements
We appreciate your feedback to assist with our continuous improvement.