Idea Generation And Synthesis for Writing Facilitation and Interaction. IDENTIFY. ADOPT. EVALUATEE. ANALYZE. Idea Generation and Synthesis Techniques. Brainstorming Modified Brainstorming Channels Anti-Solution Brainwriting Synthesis SCAMPER Idea Box. Brainstorming.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
To Develop Awareness and Proficiency
in the Use of Brainstorming in Writing
1. What Is The Purpose Of Brainstorming in Improving Student Writing?
2. What Are Some Rules for Developing Brainstorming Techniques for Improving Student Writing?
3. What Are The Key Challenges Of Using Brainstorming to Improve Student Writing?
AModified BrainstormingTwo Approaches
More sophisticated approaches
to developing new ideas
S = Substitute?
C = Combine?
A = Adapt?
M= Modify or Magnify?
P = Put To Other Uses?
E = Eliminate Or Minify?
R = Reverse? = Rearrange
* Some Of The Questions Were First Suggested By Alex Osborn, A Pioneer Teacher Of Creativity. They Were Later Arranged By Bob Eberle Into This Mnemonic
1. Isolate the challenge or topic you want to think about
2. Ask SCAMPER questions about each step of the challenge or topic and see what new ideas emerge. Asking the questions is like tapping all over the opportunity with a hammer to see where the hollow spots are.
Hearts Spades Clubs Diamonds
Jack Queen King Ace
Five Two Eight Seven
Four Ace Six Three
1.Specify Your Opportunity
2. Select The Parameters Of Your Opportunity
3. List Variations
4. Try Different Combinations
Improve Design For Laundry Hamper Interaction
Sits On Floor
Chute To Basement
5Idea Box:An Example
Generate Possible Solutions Using “Out Of The Box” Thinking Techniques
1. Pick an issue around student writing difficulty(ies) that you would like to develop a strategy to improve in that area
2. Select one brainstorming technique for generating ideas, using the materials from this presentation as a reference
3.Gather (brainstorm) several possible solutions, focusing on the assigned root cause
4. Narrow your list to three “top” solutions and be prepared to discuss the challenges and benefits of the technique(s) you used