Unit 10 – Solutions. 10.1 Discussing Ideas. 10.1 – 2 a. a team meeting manufacturer 製造商 of blank 空白 CDs and CD packaging 包裝 What are the team discussing? How could they make the product better? What areas of the product could they improve? What suggestions do they make?
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
2. A: Any suggestions?
B: _______ about changing the packaging? We could change the material.
3. A: Yeah. Packaging material. OK.
C: _______ about changing the size?
4. C: No, the pack. Why ______ we sell more CDs in a pack, for example?
5. A: So, bigger packs. They could be smaller, as well.
B: Why ________sell big boxes – big storage (保存)boxes…?
6. B: Then you wouldn’t need packaging.
A: So that ______________ be a new product.
7. A: That’s a good idea. We could use that idea with the storage box.
8. A: That’s an__________ idea
Why don’t we…..?
Why not …..?
b. specific ideas
You worked for SunSol, a sunglass company based on (位於)California. You manufacture(make) sunglasses at your factory near San Francisco and sell glasses to the US market. Sales are down this year, and you need to cut costs, improve sales and increase profits by the end of the year. Discuss these areas with your partner and make suggestions.
1. Where did Rachel change trains?
2. Why did she arrive late in London?
She missed the connection in B’ham.
3. On which part of her trip did she have to stand?
From B’ham to London.
4. How did she get from the airport to Reykjavik?
5. Why is she surprised when she arrives in Iceland?
There was snow in the UK, but there was no snow in Iceland.
What happened, and what problems she had, during each part of the journey.
1. The next train is at 9: 30.
2. Rachel’s ticket is for the next train.
I missed my connection to London.
I was booked on the 9:30.
…..if my ticket’s valid for the next train….at half past ten.
3. She could book a seat on the next train.
You won’t have a seat reservation.
4. She could go first class if she paid more.
You can upgrade it. You just pay a supplement.
5. She changes her ticket.
I don’t think my company would pay any expenses in first class!
6. The next train is running on time.
4 minutes late
1. A: Do I get my money back?
B: Yes, we can give you a refund.
2. I can’t go, so I want to cancel the reservation.
3. Can I upgrade the ticket from second class to first class?
4. A: Would it cost any more?
B: Yes. You’d have to pay a supplement.
5. You can’t use that ticket on this train. It’s not valid.