CHRISTINA ROSSETTI & DANTE GABRIEL ROSSETTI. Quest Stalled and Feminized. OUTLINE. 1. Introduction: Victorian Society, The Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood and its Women 2. Christina Rossetti vs. Dante Gabriel Rossetti Song,” “In an Artist Studio” vs. “The Blessed Damozel” Group time
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Quest Stalled and Feminized
1. Introduction: Victorian Society, The Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood and its Women
2. Christina Rossetti vs. Dante Gabriel Rossetti
3. The Goblin Market
Dante Gabriel Rossetti
succeed Tennyson as
Photograph of Fanny Cornforth
Dante's Dream at the Time of the Death of Beatrice by Dante Gabriel Rossetti Wikipedia [model: Jane Morris]
4. “Song” –analyze the poem, its main theme and tone6. How does “Song” differ from its Chinese translation/re-creation? And the reading, singing shown at YouTube?
3. “The Blessed Damozel” – analyze its depiction of the lady and the space of heaven.
8. What impact does the painting brings to the poem?
5. “In an Artist’s Studio” – two Q’s about form and content
2. “In an Artist’s Studio” – two Q’s about one face and its stories
7. “In an Artist’s Studio” – as related to paintings and drawings of/about Siddal
1. Compare different views of death and women expressed in “The Blessed Damozel” on the one hand, and “Song” and “In an Artist’s Studio” on the other.
REMEMBER me when I am gone away,
Gone far away into the silent land;
When you can no more hold me by the hand,
Nor I half turn to go, yet turning stay.
Remember me when no more day by day
You tell me of our future that you plann'd:
Only remember me; you understand
It will be late to counsel then or pray.
Yet if you should forget me for a while
And afterwards remember, do not grieve:
For if the darkness and corruption leave
A vestige of the thoughts that once I had,
Better by far you should forget and smile
Than that you should remember and be sad.
The Blessed Damozel
Claude Debussy - La Damoiselle Elue http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcVMmOZ3Q6Q