Unit4 Making the news Grammar Inversion P89-90
Sample sentences 1. Never will Zhou Yang forget his first assignment at the office of a popular English newspaper. 2. Not only am I interested in photograph, but I took an amateur course at university to update my skills. 3. Only if you ask many different questions will you acquire all the information you need to know. 4. Here comes my list of dos and don’ts.
Sample sentences 1. NeverwillZhou Yangforget his first assignment at the office of a popular English newspaper. 2. Not onlyam Iinterested in photograph, but I took an amateur course at university to update my skills. 3. Only if you ask many different questions will you acquire all the information you need to know. 4. Herecomes my list of dos and don’ts.
倒装 Inversions • 把谓语动词放在主语之前,叫倒装结构。 • 如果全部谓语放在主语之前, 叫全部倒装; • 如果只把助动词或be 动词等放在主语之 • 前，叫部分倒装。 • Here comes my list of ….(全倒) • Never will Zhou Yang forget….（半倒）
主语位于谓语are there之后 全部倒装 1.用于 there be 句型。 There are many students in the classroom. 原句自然顺序是： Many students are there in the classroom. Q1:There followed St Paul’s Cathedral built after the terrible fire of London in 1666.
２. 用于“here (there, now, then) + 不及物动词 + 主语的句型中, 或以out, in, up, down, away 等副词开头的句子里面,表示强调。 Here comes the bus. There goes the bell. Nowcomes our turn. Out went the children. 名词
注意： 代词作主语时, 主谓语序不变。 • Here you are ! • Out they went. Q2: 完全倒装的条件？
3. 当句首状语是表示地点的介词词组时,也常引起全部倒装。 • From the valley came a • frightening sound. • Under the tree stands a little • boy.
Inside wasan exhibition of the most up-to-date inventions of the 31st century. 保持句子结构平衡
4. 为了保持句子结构平衡,或为了强调表语或状语,或为了使上下文结构紧凑。 They arrived at a farmhouse, in front of whichsat a boy. Present at the meeting was Miss Li. 强调表语 强调状语
will 1. Never ______ Zhou Yang forget his first ____________ at the office of a popular English newspaper. assignment 否定词放在句首,要用倒装,把谓语的一部分位于主语之前.类似词有: not / never / little / seldom / hardly / scarcely / neither …nor / not only …but also / no sooner …than / hardly…when/ by no means / in no time
他很少去看电影. 在我一生中还未曾听说或见过这样的事呢 . Seldom does he go to the cinema . Never in my life have I heard or seen such a thing .
部分倒装 １. 用于only开头的句子(修饰副词、介词短语或状语从句) Only in this way can you learn English well. ２. 用于 never, hardly, seldom, little, at no time, not only, rarely, little, not a bit 等否定词开头的句子里。 Never shall I do this again.
３. 用于no sooner than, hardly when 和 not until的句型中。 Nosooner had she gone out than the class began. Notuntil the teacher came did he finish his homework. Q3: 倒装部分的时态？
４. 用于 so, nor, neither 开头的句子,表示 • 重复的内容。此句谓语应与前句谓语的时 • 态形式一致。 • Jack can not answer the question. Neither can I. • He has been to Beijing.____________ So have I. So he has 我也去过。 是的，他确实去过。
---- I would never come to this restaurant again. The food is terrible . ----- _________. A Nor am I B Neither would I C Same with you D So do I B
５. 在 so / such …that 的结构中,若so/such 置于句首,则句子部分倒装. • ) It is such an interesting bookthat John • has read it twice. • 2.) It is so interesting a bookthat John has • read it twice. • Such an interesting book is it that John has • read it twice. • So interesting a book is it that John has • read it twice.
６. 用于“形容词(或名词、动词)＋ as (though)” 引导的让步状语从句。 • Pretty as she is, she is not clever. • Try as he would, he might fail again. Q4: 语序：adj. /n./v. +as+主语+谓语（其它）
７. 用于省略if 的虚拟条件句 • If you had reviewed your lessons, you • might have passed the examination • Had you reviewed your lessons, you • might have passed the examination. Q5：提前的词？ ８.用于 某些祝愿的句子。 May you succeed.
问题探讨：句子类型角度？ 1、简单句 2、并列句 3、复合句
配套练习 Ⅰ. Multiple choices. 1. ---Do you know Jim quarreled with his brother? ---I don’t know, _______. A. nor don’t I care B. nor do I care C. I don’t care neither D. I don’t care also
2. Not until all the fish died in the river ____ how serious the pollution was. A. did the villagers realize B. the villagers realized C. the villagers did realized D. didn’t the villagers realized
3. Only in this way ____ do it well. A. must we B. we could C. can we D. we can 4. Hardly ____ when it began to rain. A. had he arrived B. arrived he C. he had arrived D. did he arrive
5. Only when class began ____ that he had left his book at home. A. will realize B. he did realize C. did he realize D. should he realize 6. Not a single mistake ____ in the dictation yesterday. A. did he make B. made by him C. he made D. he had made
7. No sooner ____ his talk than he ___ by the workers. A. he finished; surrounded all B. did he finish; did surround C. had he finished; was surrounded D. after he finished; was surrounded near
8. Little ___ know about verbs, Franz __ his head. A. did he; dare not lift B. he; dare not lift C. did he; dare not to lift D. doesn’t; doesn’t dare lift
9. I finally got the job. Never in all life___ so happy. A. did I feel B. I felt C. I had felt D. had I felt
10. In no country ___ Britain, it has been said, ____ experience four seasons in the course of a single day. A. other than; one can B. other than; can one C. rather than; one can D. rather than; can one
把下列句子改为倒装。 1. I have never seen him before. ________________ I seen him. 2. she had hardly gone out when a student came to see her. _____________________ when a student came to see her. Never before have Hardly had she gone out
3. I didn’t go there. he didn’t go there either. I didn’t go there, _____________ _____. neither/ nor did he 4. A terrible Genie(妖怪) stood before the fisherman. Before the fisherman ______ _______________. stood a terrible Genie
5. people seldom did experiment to test their ideas. ____________________________ to test their ideas. Seldom did people do experiment 6. You can learn English well only in this way. __________________ you learn English well. Only in this way can
7. Lu Xun was not only a great writer, but also a great thinker. __________________ a great writer, but also a great thinker. Not only was Lu Xun 8. It didn’t stop raining until midnight. ___________________ it stop raining. Not until midnight did
用倒装句翻译下列句子。 • 教堂附近有一间破旧的小屋。 • Near the church was a ruined cottage. • 2. 他一点也不知道, 警察就要逮捕他了。 • Little does he know that the police are about to arrest him.
3. 如果我了解你的意图我就不会浪费时间向你解释了。 Had I realized what you intended I should not have wasted my time trying to explain matters to you. 4. 那记号很小, 我几乎看不到。 So small was the mark that I could hardly see it.
参加会议有来自全国各地政府官员、商人、企业家。参加会议有来自全国各地政府官员、商人、企业家。 • Attending the meeting were government officials, businessmen and bankers from different parts of the country.
6. 无论什么情况下我们都不要放弃计划。 Under no circumstance can we give up the plan.