Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
Orange County Public Schools District Service Learning Program Special Initiative. Wendy L. Doromal OCPS Service Learning Coordinator.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Wendy L. Doromal
OCPS Service Learning Coordinator
1. Create service learning training materials and workshops for OCPS teachers.
Trainers will be provided with Power points and handouts so they can train other teachers in their schools and communities.
2. Sponsor a training for OCPS service Learning Liaisons
The training will help liaisons understand service-learning basics, grant opportunities, getting started with projects and how to promote service learning at their schools.
3. Advanced training for Service Learning Academy teachers and OCPS Service Learning Trainers
Encourage teachers to attend FL&S Conference by providing substitutes, and bring in Robert Schumer for an all-day training session.
4. Provide mini-grants of up to $2,000 for teachers in 6 area learning communities to establish service learning councils and provide training for council facilitators.
Mini-grant council application sent out in late September. Due November 8, 2007.
5. Provide service learning literature for OCPS School board members, Superintendent, 6 Area Superintendents, and the OCPS Curriculum Administrator
Purchased copies of The Complete Guide to Service Learning and am preparing copies of 4 Resources for linking the Sunshine State Standards and Service Learning.
6. Conduct a service learning training for principals and administrators
Am planning this now with my principal and area superintendents. Making packets and will be giving each principal A Complete Guide to Service Learning and a packet at a principal’s meeting in different learning communities.
7. Provide trainers with resource materials and books
Ordering trainers books and materials.
8. Update the OCPS Web-site
This has been updated and is now online!
9. Provide mini-grant funds to OCPS teachers to create service learning projects and establish service learning at 15 new OCPS school sites
24 applicants responded…
10. Identify OCPS schools for UCF EDG 4323 course students to apply service learning classroom knowledge in a k-12 setting.
Sites are set. Contacted Trey to see if he would like to partner for this!
Estimated number of students serving in councils and district mini-grant and other service learning sites: 6,580
Average number of service-learning hours:
50 for elementary and middle, 75 for high
169,000 elementary/middle hours
121,600 –high school hours
Estimated Number of Recipients:
8,500 – Pre-K –elementary
22,000 – Middle school
60,000 –High School
21 –Higher Education
120,000 –Other Adults and community members
All OCPS service learning projects are: