Out of the Classroom and into the Mix. Active Learning About Health Policy and Politics. Karen Kelly, EdD , RN, NEA-BC. Associate Professor & Coordinator, Continuing Education Southern Illinois University Edwardsville School of Nursing, Department of Primary Care and Health Systems Nursing.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Active Learning About Health Policy and Politics
Associate Professor & Coordinator, Continuing Education
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
School of Nursing, Department of Primary Care and Health Systems Nursing
Nursing must be a visible player in shaping health policy: If you are not
at the table, you are on the menu!
The faculty have chosen to present this content in a core course:
HEALTH POLICY AND ADVANCED PRACTICE NURSING
3 hour graduate course
Also a 3 hour course in health policy & health care finance in new doctoral program.
1. I am registered to vote.
2. I know where my voting precinct is located.
3. I voted in the last general election.
4. I voted in the last two elections.
5. I recognized the names of the majority of candidates on the ballot and was acquainted with the majority of issues in the last election.
6. I stay abreast of current health issues.