You need 1. Notebook 2. Highlighter 3. Pen. Ch 22 Unification of Germany. Test tomorrow on . Vocabulary The Crimean War Reforms in the Ottoman Empire Italian Unification German Unification. Next Year Add Pictures. Learning Objective: A. I will explain the Unification of Germany.
Unification of Germany
The Crimean War
Reforms in the Ottoman Empire
A. I will explain the Unification of Germany.
B. I will explain the effects of the Unification of
Treaty of Prague
1.Add to the Southern States of Germany to his new North Confederation.
4.Leopold’s Dad feared that war would break out between France and Prussia.
5. William was relieved the potential conflict was avoided.
6.However, William did not order Leopold to renounce the Spanish throne.
7. The French Further asked for William to assure France that he would never support Leopold to possess the Spanish crown.
8. William I refused, but said he might take the questions under further consideration.
9.Later that day Bismarck received a telegram from William Discussing the content of the meeting.
who was ready to go to war.
11. Bismarck edited the Ems dispatch.
12. He made it seem that William I and had insulted
13. This angered Napoleon III
14. Napoleon responded by declaring War on Prussia
Map 22–2 THE UNIFICATION OF GERMANY Under Bismarck’s leadership, and with the strong support of its royal house, Prussia used diplomatic and military means, on both the German and international stages, to forcibly unify the German states into a strong national entity.
16. Germany Defeated the French.
The Prussian victory at the battle of Sedan in September l870 brought about the collapse of the regime of Louis Napoleon in France and sealed the Prussian accomplishment of the unification of Germany. In this contemporary photograph the Prussian infantry is making an advance.
Getty Images Inc.—Hulton Archive Photos
The proclamation of the German Empire in the Hall of Mirrors at Versailles, January 18, 1871, after the defeat of France in the Franco-Prussian War. Kaiser Wilhelm I is standing at the top of the steps under the flags. Bismarck is in the center in a white uniform.
Bildarchiv Preussischer Kulturbesitz
Peace Settlement with France
2. France had to pay a large indemnity (protection).