Writing Application Letters. What you’re sending,why you’re sending it and how the reader can benefit from reading your material Be specific Never volunteer salary information unless an employer asks for it Keep it short Show some personality Aim for high quality.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Clearly state your reason for writing
2. Give a recipient a reason to keep reading
I) Screening Stage: Campus, invitation of the candidates for further evaluation, similar questions, standardized “evaluation” , Get-to-know-you interviews.
1) Structured Interview: Screening
4) Stress Interview: Help recruiters see how you handle yourself under pressure; Pause for a few seconds to collect your thoughts, then continue knowing what the interviewer is up to.
=> Each job requires different mix of personality traits; Interviewer’s task is to find out whether you will be effective on the job.
I) Learn about the organization
A) Planning for the Employer’s Questions: Your skills, achievements, goals, attitudes toward work & school, relationships with others, hobbies & interests or; (Table 15-2)
I)The Warm-up: Most important, 20 sec.
1) Thank-you-message: Express your thanks within 2 days