Tell your partner the 10 Commandments . The 10 Commandments can be divided in two groups: how?. 1-3 Love of God 4-10 Love of Neighbour Add this division to your table. . Loving God. 1 I am the Lord your God. You shall not have other gods before Me.
1-3 Love of God
4-10 Love of Neighbour
Add this division to your table.
1 I am the Lord your God. You shall not have other gods before Me.
2. You shall not take the Lord’s name in vain.
3. Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy.
4. Honour your father and mother
5. You shall not kill
6. You shall not commit adultery
7. You shall not steal
8. You shall not bear false witness
9. You shall not desire your neighbour’s husband or wife
10. You shall not desire to have any of your neighbours’ possessions.
In how many different ways could this commandment be understood?
To explain the Commandments about Loving God
To evaluate how they can be applied in today’s world
What do the commandments mean to Christians? Using p.14-17 of textbook draw a similar table and give specific examples of KEEPING and BREAKING that commandment.
**Which of these commandments if kept, would make the biggest different to your own life? Why?
Needs to be completed by end of the lesson – or stay over lunch.
Explain the 6 discussion questions with 2 main reasons for each.
Is against swearing?
Is against horoscopes?
Is for family?
Is for satisfaction in life?
Is against workaholics?
Is for serious promises?
Overall, I think the Ten Commandments are rules/ guides because..