Chapter Six: Early Judaism and Christianity Early Judaism Abram / Abraham ~ 2000 – 1750 bce Leaves Ur Covenant with God Land/Protection for Worship/Obedience Sign of the covenant – circumcision Human dignity / loyalty Henotheistic Belief (Book is Wrong!) Early Judaism, cont. Moses
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of
bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before
2. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy
God in vain.
3. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven
image, or any likeness of anything that is in
heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath.
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor
4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
5. Honor thy father and thy mother: that thy days
may be long.
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8. Thou shalt not steal.
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness
against thy neighbor.
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's
house, thou shalt not covet thy
neighbor's wife, nor his
manservant, nor anything that is