Understanding Business Ethics. An Introduction. Business Ethics Process (KPMG). Program/ Practices/ Systems Designed to motivate, measure, and monitor an organization’s ethical performance. Business Ethics and Business Reputation. Strong link between business ethics and business reputation
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
2. Assign top level management overall responsibility for compliance
3. Don’t delegate responsibility to employees who are not trustworthy
4. Communicate standards and procedures to all employees
5. Monitoring and audit systems used to detect unethical activities
6. Enforce ethical standards through appropriate disciplinary mechanisms
7. Make adjustment to ethical process if unethical behavior has occurredFederal Sentencing Guidelines - MinimumRequirements for Effective Ethics Compliance Program
2. Thou shalt not interfere with other people’s computer work.
3. Thou shalt not snoop around in other people’s computer files.
4. Thou shalt not use a computer to steal.
5. Thou shalt not use a computer to bear false witness.
6. Thou shalt not copy or use proprietary software for which you have not paid.
7. Thou shalt not use other people’s computer resources without authorization or proper compensation.
8. Thou shalt not appropriate other people’s intellectual output.
9. Thou shalt think about the social consequences of the program you are writing or the system you are designing.
10. Thou shalt always use a computer in ways that insure consideration and respect for your fellow humans.The Ten Commandments of Computer Ethics(Computer Ethics Institute)
No one will ever know…
It doesn’t matter how it gets done as long as it gets done.
It sounds too good to be true.
Everyone does it.
Shred that document.
We can hide it.
No one will get hurt
What’s in it for me?
This will destroy the competition.
We didn’t have this conversation.You’re on Ethical Thin Ice When You Hear (Lockheed Martin):