Good Morning……. …….. And Welcome. Our Shrine Future; Where are we going ?. Gary Bergenske Bahia Potentate 2005. The Future of Our SHRINE. Building a better tomorrow for our Fraternity, for generations to come. Plan for all situations ahead of time, so you have control of your destiny.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
…….. And Welcome
Bahia Potentate 2005
so you have control of your destiny.
* Effects of loss of Membership
* When will the money run out ?
* When is the best time to move ?
* Some wait to long, must plan now.
* Be realistic, Be prepared, Be ready.
No one can get anywhere unless
He knows where he wants to go and what he wants to do.
Norman Vincent Peale
Pick the Right Leadership Team
for the Job, to get the Best Results
It is the vision of the Bahia Futures Committee to look into the future for the competent planning of Bahia Shriners. This commitment will exemplify the high ideals of the membership to keep them financially sound, stay abreast of our members needs, and to consider all aspects of Bahia Shriners real estate investments and future needs. We will strive to achieve this vision through exemplary leadership, education, public relations and the strong commitment of teamwork. It will be the vision and goal to provide the membership with accurate information to help evaluate and plan for the sound future of Bahia Shriners.
1. To accurately project the approximate Bahia membership for the next ten years based on historical data.
2. To take the membership projection and calculate the dues money that membership number would provide. Based on projected needs, evaluate if and when next dues increase would be needed.
3. To study members needs, requests, and objectives to be certain we provide to the best of our ability what is needed to help promote increased membership.
6. To take into consideration the budget overage/shortages the past few years. Consider rentals and catering revenues, how can we
7. To study optional locations for a new Shrine Center that would be located in an area that would best accommodate our Nobility.
Accessibility and cost of land should be considered.
8. Determine if and when serious consideration should be given to purchasing a piece of land for investment and possible future use
by Bahia Shriners.
9. To provide a written summary with findings and possible recommendations to the Bahia membership based on the study of Bahia’s future.
11. To keep our Shrine Hospital system strong we must keep our Shrine Center strong.
You can’t have a better tomorrow if you are
thinking about yesterday all of the time.
AGE 2002 2005
21 to 29 25 19
30 to 39 89 66
40 to 49 233 217
50 to 59 547 400
60 to 69 853 788
70 to 79 1061 924
80 to 89 552 582
90 to 99 38 67
We MUST have a larger % under Age 50
County Members %
Orange 904 .29
Volusia 472 .15
Lake 431 .14
Seminole 406 .13
Osceola 117 .04
Sumter 48 .01
Other Locations 719 .23
Year Members Dues Short Required
Total 10 year Accumulative loss is $192,259.
2. Plan on small increases ($2 - $3) every
2 – 3 years as opposed to a large $10 - $15 increase that will scare members off.
3. Less members to raise more money
and the reality of tomorrow.
1.Building 13 years old, in excellent condition, prime location, good asset.
Total Last Time Next Est. Cost/Yrs
Life Repl. Left Repl. Cost Escrow
* Air Cond. 30 1992 17 2022 150K 9K
* Cooling Tow’r 20 1992 8 2012 40K 5K
* Boiler 30 1992 17 2022 17K 1K
* Carpet 10 2002 8 2010 24K 3K
* Roof 30 1992 17 2022 127K 8K
* Parking lot 13 1992 0 2005 106K 106K
* Painting 10 2002 7 2012 21K 3K
* Furniture 15 Vari 5 2010 25K 5K
* Floor Tile 15 Vari 9 2011 15K 2K
* Kitchen Equip. 20 1992 8 2012 32K 4K
* Computer Eq. 7 2003 5 2010 20K 4K
Needed This Year for Full Reserves = $150,000.
Good planning will optimize our options.
Preventing our assets from falling into disrepair, and a lower value due to decreased membership and budget restraints.
The Failure to Plan ………….
…………. Is a Plan to Fail
Real leadership is being the person others
Will gladly and confidently follow.
1.Suggest dues increase of $2. per year
2. Stay in current facility provided;
* Budgets are balanced yearly
(4 0f last 5 years NOT Balanced)
* Rentals are increased, review annually
* Rental Marketing Program started
* Membership begins to increase
* Provide for young members
3. Promote Perpetual Memberships
1. Identify possible locations for land
purchase for new facility when
2. Identify property size and building
size needed based on projected
membership in 2015.
(Estimated at 2100 members)
Not only act, but also dream;
Not only plan, but also believe.
We have the property and assets for a GREAT future if managed properly.
The opportunity will present it self to sell high for a good profit, then to rebuild a quality facility for a smaller membership.
The additional money will be able to be invested to insure a bright future for the next generation of Bahia Shriners.
Plan your work, and work your plan.
The Bahia Futures Committee
The magic bridge to our goal.
Our Future Belongs to Every Member,
….. Lets make it a Bright One.