Geoff Hammond Head of Revenue Assurance - PowerPoint PPT Presentation

geoff hammond head of revenue assurance n.
Download
Skip this Video
Loading SlideShow in 5 Seconds..
Geoff Hammond Head of Revenue Assurance PowerPoint Presentation
Download Presentation
Geoff Hammond Head of Revenue Assurance

play fullscreen
1 / 28
Geoff Hammond Head of Revenue Assurance
136 Views
Download Presentation
jean
Download Presentation

Geoff Hammond Head of Revenue Assurance

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Presentation Transcript

  1. Geoff HammondHead of Revenue Assurance

  2. Agenda • Revenue Assurance & CRAB Focus • PPC Circuit Validation • PPC Radial Distance Validation Questions

  3. The Problem:- • Inventory issues on circuits & features • Relied on Provision data to provide the billing checks • Route & circuit alignment ie No common key • Incomplete data passed to billing • Required extensive manual validation before billing • Customers challenged bills

  4. Problem Summary

  5. Prove LiveInventory Compareto Orders Compareto Billing How Did We Solve This ? • Circuit Revenue Assurance Board - CRAB • What was actually there? • What should be there? • What are we billing for? • System & Process to maintain results All based on ONE TRUTH DATABASE

  6. Revenue Assurance Objectives Of Circuit Revenue Assurance Board. (CRAB) • Improve accuracy in the customer, Order handling, Network, and invoicing data. • Web based Data Quality Monitor (One Truth Database) • Data stewarding on an on-going basis. • Improve customer satisfaction. • Report progress to the Revenue Assurance Board on a monthly basis until project completion. • The project will deliver these objectives and be completed by ……….

  7. Revenue Assurance - FocusCircuit Revenue Assurance Board (CRAB) • Interconnect - Data Quality Monitor in Place • IFA - Data Quality Monitor in Place • Broadband - BBDQM • IP Stream • Centrals • Data stream • SDSL • Mobile ( RBS) - Data Quality Monitor in Place • Retail Private Circuits - Data Quality Monitor in Place

  8. PPC Circuit Validation

  9. PPC Circuit Validation • Bulk Data Cleanse Completed – June 05 • Data Quality Monitor – Delivered - June 05 • Circuit Inventory now Proved to 99.6% • Circuit Data aligned in 6 key operational systems • Remaining 0.4% to Resolve • Timing issues • Some cleanse to do • Data stewarding now BAU • New Data Quality Monitor v2 – end DEC 05

  10. PPC Circuit Validation • Bulk Data Cleanse Completed – June 05 • Data Quality Monitor – Delivered - June 05 • Circuit Inventory now Proved to 99.6% • Circuit Data aligned in 6 key operational systems • Remaining 0.4% to Resolve • Timing issues • Some cleanse to do • Data stewarding now BAU • New Data Quality Monitor v2 – end DEC 05 • Plans to add Eco to Data Quality Monitor v3

  11. PPC Radial Distance Validation

  12. PPC Radial Distance Validation Objectives Of Circuit Revenue Assurance Board. (CRAB) • Validate and cleanse the radial distances for circuit and billing records. • Improve accuracy in the customer, Order handling, Network, and invoicing data. • Web based Data Quality Monitor (One Truth Database) • Data stewarding on an on-going basis. • Improve customer satisfaction. • Report progress to the Revenue Assurance Board on a monthly basis until project completion. • The project will deliver these objectives and be completed by 30th June

  13. PPC Radial Distance – Issues • Migration of RPC to PPC • Migration Tool had a rounding error • didn't always pick the correct serving exch • Issue with grid references – leading 0 • Introduction of Tier One Pricing • B end Post codes missing or inaccurate • Errors in data feeds used by the TODD tool. • The odd 1141 codes duplicated or transposed. • Missing post codes in our Customer Service System • Customer Management Center process • Inconsistent Trunk and Terminating field layout

  14. PPC Radial Distance - Issues Bill Validation • Its very complicated • No Clear written Industry Process • Missing post codes in the Exchange Name Postcode file. • Customers using OLD Post Office Address File (PAF) • Customers not able to provide or validate their own B ends

  15. PPC Radial Distance- Bulk Cleanse • Validation • Pilot • Send sample of changes to each Customer • Customer to Validate the sample and agree • BT to then Update its systems • Remaining • Send all changes to each Customer • Customer to Validate and agree • BT to then Update its systems • Billing Corrections • Readjusting back to when tier 1 pricing was introduced.

  16. PPC Radial Distance – By June 05 • Completed the Bulk Cleanse • Clear written Industry Process issued • True Serving Exch – Exchange Name Postcode file. • Nearest Serving Exch –Supplementary Post Code List • Grid Reference – centered- current Post Office Address File • Matching Point of Handover (PoH)- grandfathered PDH • RPC / PPC Migration tool Fixed • Customers validating B end Post codes • TODD - Data feed corrected. • Provision System corrected - Screens • Improving Training in Customer Management Centre • Radial Distance “One Truth” tool to hold the gains – June 05

  17. PPC Radial Distance – Since July 05 • 8000 Circuits Issued since Jan 05 required Validation • New problem with “SEAM” Data effecting Todd and the PSEF file . • Complex Fix • Delayed due to flooding in India. • Finally fixed in Sep 05 • Other Issues resolved • Complete Re-Validation of all Radial Distances • Mop Up in October 05

  18. PPC Radial Distance – CRAB Today • All Radial Distances Now Validated as Per the Tier 1 Pricing Directive. • All Operational Support Systems Updated • No outstanding Systems fix’s • Ongoing Data Stewarding • Billing Corrections • Readjusting back • New Radial Distance V2 tool to hold the gains – Dec 05.

  19. PPC Radial Distance – CRAB Lessons learnt • Post implementation review • Communications • Industry Briefings • Industry Forums • SPOC • Wholesale Billing Team • Billing Work Shops (UKCTA) • Fix all the OSS Systems - Then Run Bulk Cleanse

  20. PPC Radial Distance – Ongoing Product Line Issues • Requirement for One PSEF File ? • PSEF- 90% of Postcodes • Supplementary PSEF 10% of Postcodes. ( No Postcode, No PSTN Service) • P/L is Looking at this proposal , System design, Costing etc • 9 Month Development ? • Supplementary PSEF File • Purpose is to capture Missing Postcodes not in the PSEF • Purpose is there to help Validate the Bill • Not Designed to hold Historical Postcodes • P/L is Looking at this Historical proposal , System design, Costing etc

  21. PPC Radial Distance – Ongoing Product Line Issues • PSEF File- additional Info • Based Currently on Telephony to Actual Serving Exchange to Post Code ( LLU Requirement) • Asked to also include Actual Private Circuit postcode to Serving Exchange. • P/L is Looking at this proposal , System design, Costing etc Other Considerations • 21CN timing is a factor to be considered in for any new development requests • The Grid Reference is the only way to guarantee 100% accuracy on radial distances

  22. Questions Geoff Hammond Head of Revenue Assurance