Story Problems and the living dead Active Learning. Who doesn’t like a good story problem now and then?.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
17. A clear, octagonal tank measures 29.9 cm across, has sides of length 12.4 cm and is 36.5 cm tall. It is being filled with water at the rate of 16 ounces every 8.5 seconds. Assume that this rate does not vary over the course of the filling process. How long will it take to fill the tank?
How about this:
Dan Meyer says:
1. Use multimedia;
2. Encourage student intuition;
3. Ask the shortest question you can;
4. Let students build the problem;
5. Be less helpful.
(Design a sequel.)
17. A clear, octagonal tank measures 12 inches across, has sides of length 5 inches and is 14 inches tall. It is being filled with water at the rate of 12 oz per 5 seconds. Assume that this rate does not vary over the course of the filling process. How long will it take to fill the tank?
There are more!