Word Within the Word. Lesson 38 (B). 114. lyssophobia. Stem(s):. phobia =. fear. Sentence: It was a family of schizophrenics and lyssophobiacs . 114. lyssophobia. Definition:. fear of insanity. 115. idée fixe. Stem(s):. ideo =. idea. Sentence:
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Word Within the Word Lesson 38 (B)
114. lyssophobia Stem(s): phobia = fear Sentence: It was a family of schizophrenics and lyssophobiacs.
114. lyssophobia Definition: fear of insanity
115. idée fixe Stem(s): ideo = idea Sentence: For Ahab, the whale was an idée fixe.
115. idée fixe Definition: obsession
116. schism Stem(s): schizo = divide Sentence: A schism developed in the Democratic party.
116. schism Definition: division
117. apotheosis Stem(s): theo = god apo = up Sentence: We noted the public’s apotheosis of the champ.
117. apotheosis Definition: raising to god status The Apotheosis of Hercules, Charles Le Brun (1619-1690)
118. precursor Stem(s): pre = before curs = run Sentence: This unfortunate event was the precursor of the tragedy to come.
118. precursor Definition: forerunner
119. cosmology Stem(s): cosmo = universe Sentence: The existence of the Big Bang is a cosmological question.
119. cosmology Definition: study of the universe
120. euphony Stem(s): eu = good phon = sound Sentence: Hear the soft euphony of the wind in the trees.
120. euphony Definition: beautiful sound “Archipeligo’s Euphony” Mountain Time mountaincomics.com