Electronic Commerce E-Commerce Definitions
E-Commerce is a modern business methodology that addresses the needs of organizations, merchants, and consumers to cut costs while improving the quality of goods and services and increasing the speed of service delivery. The term also applies to the use of computer networks to search and retrieve information in support of human and corporate decision making.
E-Commerce is associated with the buying and selling of information, products, and services over the internet.
1. Customer to Customer (C2C)
2. Business to Customer (B2C).
3. Business to Business (B2B).
Knowledge-based stock information service
B2B Company example
Let’s watch http://www.forion.com/
Online stock broker
- E*trade, Ameritrade, Datek, SureTrade, etc.
On-demand distance education
- Collaborative On-Demand Distance Education (CODE)
Web broadcasting (using streaming technology)
- Real Networks’ Realplayer