Hardware. Control Process Unit ( CPU ). Contents. Introduction Definition CPU Components of CPU Stages of the work of CPU CPU frequency CPU Cooling Conclusion about CPU. Introduction. Computer consists of two parts: - hardware. - software.
* Hardware are divided into a central unit and secondary devices.
* The central unit is further divided into:- Processor (CPU).- core memory
- CU (Control Unit):
Function to search for information stored in RAM and determine what should be done through (ALU).
- ALU ( Arithmetic Logic Unit ):
Function to carry out orders issued by the (ALU).
Operations control and calculation
(such as collection(+) , subtract(-) , division(÷) and hit(×),
and Boolean operations etc...
implement those instructions.
- Megahertz (MHz).
- Gigahertz (GHz).
- to be available in the motherboard any
occurrence of this potential slots for the processor.
- to support the processor and operating system have this feature.