ECOLOGY TEST. 8 th grade Version 1. Multiple Choice Identify the letter of the choice that best completes the statement or answers the question. D. A. C. B. Which letter would best represent the caudal fin? a. A b. B c. C D
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Identify the letter of the choice that best completes the statement or answers the question.
2. Which letter would best represent the pelvic fin?
3. Which letter would best represent the peduncle?
4. Which letter would best represent the dorsal fin?
a. Sir Issac Newton
b. D.J. Jazzy Jeff
c. Charles Darwin
d. Albert Einstein
6. Influenza, or the common flu, is caused by a virus that invades our body making us sick. This type of symbiosis would be:
7. The drawing above shows the results of an experiment involving three juniper plants that were allowed to grow in the same environmental conditions. One set of plants were infused with lichen (fungus) attached to their rootsand the other set without. Based upon the results the experiment, what conclusion could be drawn?
a. Both the lichen and the fungus received a benefit from the relationship, making this an example of mutualism
c. The fungus was hurt, while the lichen was benefitted, making it an example of a parasitic relationship
8. In the food web shown, which consumers eat only producers?
a. The Owl
b. The Fox
c. The Hawk
d. The Bunny
9. The diagram below is a simple food web of organisms on a forest floor. Which of these is mostdependent on the earthworm for its food supply?
10. Food webs are models used to show energy flow in ecosystems. In the food web on the right, what is the main source of energy for the copepods?
11. The branch of biology dealing with interactions among organisms and betweenorganisms and their environment iscalled
12. All of the members of a particular species that live in one area are called a(an)
13. Green plants are organisms and between
14. A snake that eats a frog that has eaten an insect that fed on a plant is a
15. Each of the following is an organisms and betweenabiotic factor in the environment EXCEPT
16. An interaction in which one organism captures and feeds on another organism is called
17. The symbiotic relationship between a flower and the insect that feeds on its nectar is an exampleof
18. Primary succession can begin after insect that feeds on its nectar is an example
19. What is one difference between primary and secondary succession?
20. What is the original source of almost all the energy in most ecosystems?
21. An experiment is designed to clear an oak-hickory forest and replant the area with pines. Which of the following species would bemost threatened by this experiment?
a. Hooded warbler
b. Summer tanager
d. Field Sparrow.
22. A student studying wildlife nesting and replant the area with pines. Which of the following species would be
Patterns in the Sandy Beach and
Dune ecosystem of the Chincoteague
National Wildlife Refuge would
b. Nests in tree trunks
c. Nests on ground
d. Nests on fresh water.
23. Which hypothesis would best be supported by this graph? and replant the area with pines. Which of the following species would be
a. Over the years, the cardinal population has moved at a steady rate.
b. Over the years, the cardinal population has decreased.
c. Over the years, the cardinal population has increased.
d. Over the years, the cardinal population has changed due to human activity.
24. and replant the area with pines. Which of the following species would beIn any ecosystem, there is a limited number of resources that all organisms must share in order to survive. Which term below indicates their struggle to obtain these resources?
a. Non-point source pollution
b. point source pollution
d. Seismic pollution
Blast from the Past! and replant the area with pines. Which of the following species would be
a. the spin of the Earth
b. varying amounts of sunlight reaching the side of the moon that faces Earth
a. the moon is basically at a 90 degree
angle from the sun
b. half of the side of the moon
we can see is lit up
c. A and B
d. none of these
a. 15 miles per hour
b. 15 miles per minute
c. 30 miles per hour
d. 30 miles per minute
30. In the element symbol to the right, how many neutrons would there be?
I sure have to go to the bathroom…..