Strategies for Success : integrating effective study skills into developmental mathematics. MDTP Users Conference California State University Fullerton January 2012 Lynn Marecek MaryAnne Anthony-Smith Santa Ana College. If they only knew……… …what it takes to be successful!.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
MDTP Users Conference
California State University Fullerton
Santa Ana College
have as they enter your classroom?
….OR we can do something about it!
of a developmental math course!
Math teachers hear all sorts of excuses from their students for not fully completing class assignments. Let’s look at some of the most common excuses. For each excuse listed below:
(a) explain why this is not a valid excuse.
(b) describe what a successful student would do in this situation.
1) “I don’t have my homework because I was absent.”
2) “I don’t have my homework because I don’t have a book.
3) “I did not finish the assignment. I forgot about it!”
4) “I left my homework paper at home.”
5) “I didn’t do the chapter review/chapter test assignment. Can I do it after I take the test?”
6) “I was absent—did you do anything important?”
What was the best part of these activities?
……. the best part of these activities?
….. the best part of these activities?
What was the worst part of these activities?
For more information email: