The Greek Roots of Democracy Chapter 1, Section 1. Warm-up: Take out your Notebook and copy the following=. Name: Date: Period:. Warm-ups: August 20-24. Copy the following in your notebook. The ? Plus your answer. Monday: August 20 Why do we need a government? (Elaborate)
Warm-ups: August 20-24
Copy the following in your notebook.
The ? Plus your answer
Monday: August 20
Why do we need a government? (Elaborate)
2. What does a society look like without a government?
3. What is your ideal government?
4. When you think government, what do you think of? (use phrases/words)
Tuesday: August 16
Question: What are the push factors (reasons) that would cause people to move from one place to another? Explain with a minimum of 5 sentences
What is a Republic?
Rule by the many. A democracy is a type
Everyone gets a vote. of government.
*Provide a definition for each word, a visual (picture) that represents each word. A sentence with the word in it.
INDIVIDUALLY READ JUST YOUR SECTION! (5-10 MINUTES)
2. According to Plato, who should rule society? Do you agree or disagree with this?
3. What type of government did Aristotle prefer? Is this government ideal? Why or why not? (ELABORATE)
594 B.C., leader
-Aristocracy (rule by the _____)
546 B.C takes power
- gave farmers and poor citizens a voice,
weakened the aristocracy
You’re not allowed!
Moral and Ethical Principals: idea of goodness and establishment of standards of human behavior.
Socrates and Citizenship: liked to question citizens about their beliefs (Socratic Method)
Plato and the Reason: School=The Academy