DNA Foldable. Directions : Fold 3 pieces of paper, so you have 5 layered flaps Write “ DNA” on the top flap as a title. On each flap write :. DNA Basics & Organization DNA Structure & Function DNA Replication RNA Structure & Function Comparing DNA & RNA.
1. Make the following flow chart:
Cell Nucleus Chromosome DNA Gene
2. Glue in the following picture below it
Segment of DNA
DNA stands for “Deoxyribonucleicacid”
(type of organic molecule)
DNA is the instructions for making proteins that carry out life functions
DNA is has a double helical shape!
Leading Strand ONLY!
3. Elongation DNA protein polymerase reads template strand and continuously adds new nucleotides that are complementary to the parent strand
1. DNA unwinds with help of protein helicase, this breaks weak hydrogen bonds between bases
2. The protein primase attached to the parent strand, this helps bind (attach) new nucleotides
Lagging Strand ONLY!
5. DNA Termination
4. DNA primers are removed & DNA ligase adds sugars and phosphates in gaps made by fragments
3. DNA primase adds more primers, DNA is elongated in short segments (okazzki fragments) by DNA polymerase and then is
6. DNA repairs itself