Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
ILIT Presents an Interactive Workshop on Akhlaq (Morals & Ethics). Be the Muslim You Want to Meet!. ILIT presents an Interactive Workshop on Akhlaq. What is Akhlaq ? Why is Akhlaq important? What is Akhlaq trying to promote? What is Akhlaq trying to prevent?
Be the Muslim You Want to Meet!
We, the Muslim Ummah, are the foundation of cooperation and happiness in this life, therefore the prophet instructed that we, “Salute each other Salaam, (peace), openly and clearly.”
This daily and routine etiquette promotes love and happiness to enter our souls towards one another.
(be ready to share)
To Believe, the Heart Must Yield To the Mind
Faith is an affair of the heart, whereas knowledge is more of the mind
Purge toxic & negative thoughts and habits, as well as negative cultural expectations
Prophet Muhammad, pbuh, said:
Prophet Muhammad, (pbuh), said:
“There is nothing that will be placed on the scale weightier, (more significant), than good Akhlaq.”
“He who has good Akhlaq will reach the rank of one who continuously observes fasts and performs abundant prayers.”
We are not HUMAN BEINGS having a spiritual experience.
We are SPIRITUAL BEINGS having a human experience
Allah won’t settle His account with man until man first settles accounts with Allah’s creation!
Desires overpower intellect
1. constantly nurturing and training himself & transcending; meticulously asses himself w/o judging others
2. aware that the diamond of his existence is cut in social activity, living among others; although he's amongst people, but spiritually, he's in a higher plane
3. mindful that man is a blend of God's spirit and foul clay; his instincts are powerful instruments for his growth & see society as means for the emergence of his creativity; accepts blessing w/o indulging
4. sees the good in all people & that we're all God's creatures; no one is superior to others & never arrogant or proud, associating with all
5. fascinated by & in constant pursuit of useful knowledge; distinguishes the seeds from the straws
6. separates himself from vices such as greed & jealousy; content with God's bounty & is not greedy
7. has an optimistic and realistic view of the world; sees it as the arena for self-building & knows that Quran's reproach of the world refers to the negligence of the final goal and destination, not the world itself
8. measures his actions realizing the world is not the place for reward & punishment; rather it's a "test bed,” the other world is the reward
9. welcomes tribulations & adversities as constructive & benefits from them; sees God as just & wise
10. as a strict accountant, always taking self-assessment, not only meticulously controls his behavior, but also his thoughts & imagination
& seek forgiveness
1. Falsehood 2. Anger
5. Miserliness 6. Prejudice/bigotry
7. Cruelty 8. Pride/Vanity
9. Hypocrisy 10. Backbiting*
(they stain our soul as they violate OUR human family)
“I’d like for you to stop that,”
“I am sad when I hear you say,”
“I don’t understand why someone who loves Allah and His prophet would feel comfortable with…..”
2. Treat family members Better than a Stranger
3. Validate Person’s Feelings
4. Change Your Pattern of Communication
5. Listen More Than You Talk
6. Ask open-ended Questions that Help Your To Reach the Answer
7. Problem-Solve Together
8. Build Credibility
Group Work: Review and find solution to sample scenarios
Satanist - Punk Heavy Metal Musician
Myriam Francois-Cerrah, Ex-actress (Sense & Sensibility)
Can you easily LOVE this man
as your brother in humanity & faith?
They Say: “Islam allows you to look beyond the wall.”
“Life outside of Islam is like an island in a Sea of Ignorance.”
What do You Say: -Do you want them in your centers & homes?
-Would you marry your child to one of them?
These are real questions that we must ask ourselves & REFLECT!
Answer the following questions after watching the video:
Excerpts from Imam Ali’s Will to his son:
Imam Ali—Nahj al Balagha