Overview of Ecos Consulting’s Presentation. Provide market context Identify the scale and type of market opportunity presented by the state fleet Discuss test procedure recommendations Report findings from rolling resistance data collected so far Identify remaining data needs
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Ecos Consulting was hired by CEC to conduct outreach to manufacturers, obtain rolling resistance data, & make technical and program design recommendations.
Ecos specializes in the process of transforming markets for energy efficient products:
1. Research to identify the technological & market opportunities
2. Establishing manufacturer and retailer relationships and links to “public purpose” objectives
3. Understanding marketing leverage points for an efficiency message.
4. Creating a standardized test procedure and efficiency benchmark to facilitate fair, open competition.
5. Implementing a program (incentives, education, training, etc.) with trade allies to accelerate sales of the efficient products.
Top Four Manufacturing Partnerships (Michelin/BFGoodrich/Uniroyal, Goodyear/Dunlop, Bridgestone/Firestone, Cooper) Hold ~ 56% Share of Replacement Tire Market
Replacement Tire Characteristics Marketplace
From an Energy Consumption Standpoint, Tire Use Dwarfs Manufacturing, Shipping and Recycling
The California Fleet Market Opportunity Manufacturing, Shipping and Recycling
U.S. Market Share Estimates for Replacement Tires by Size Manufacturing, Shipping and Recycling
Options to True-Up Tire Test Results from Different Manufacturers: