Housekeeping. If I haven’t responded to emails, tomorrow . . . Stop tonight at 7:45, lit review workshop Next week, proposals: Keep me busy on emails, ask questions (I really mean it)
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
See NSF document by Ragin, Nagel, and White (2004)
See Sliverstein (2001) Chapter on Blog on Credibility
Went to Galicia, Spain
Studying Separatist Movements
Went to Germany
Tensions between Serbs and Croats in community.
Refugees community from former Yugoslavia in his home townVarying Approaches to Ethnography
10. Goal = Your ‘take,’ your way of interpretation of a body of work.
9. Careful reading is KEY before writing.
8. You need to read to know what you will use and won’t use . . .
7. So, by extension, you’ll read a lot of research, you won’t use.
6. Databases are your friends, librarians can become your friends . . .
4. Then, reorganize your piles.
3. Some ways to create piles: by theme across articles, by date of publication, by sub-discipline, by findings, etc.
2. Cite within the text & have a reference page.
Give a clear thesis statement:
“While the research on maternity leave negotiation tells us much about organizational policies, it tells us little about the variety of women’s experiences of returning to work after childbirth.”
“This review of literature is organized in the following way . . . “
Use an introduction, subheadings, transitions, conclusions – and, my favorite – spell check.