Professionalism. Esther Kamweru ED, MCK 7 MAY 2009. Requires. Adhere to the agreed code of practice Basic tenets - Accuracy and fairness - Opportunity to reply - Not paying for news and articles. Challenges.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
7 MAY 2009
- Accuracy and fairness
- Opportunity to reply
- Not paying for news and articles
- Some music shows
- Some soap operas
- that all media were biased ( Stories used, adjectives used, pictures, where stories were placed, generally how certain politicians/parties were portrayed) etc)
- that media fuelled ethnic animosities ( comments from listeners, use of proverbs, guests invited to shows, how much time given.)
- Use of gory pictures/ (Other side)- portrayed the reality on the ground, helped to identify areas that needed emergency help
- One side of the debate given total blackout deliberately.
- Minister, PS and all who supported the Bill, now Act, given blackout
- Guests invited to discuss the issue
- Did the end justify the means?