Jharkhand at a Glance. District - 24 Development Block - 259 Panchayat - 4423 Village - 32615 Urban population - 22.24% (27.8%) Rural Population - 77.76% (72.2%). Per capita Income - Rs 34,500/- Industrial Use of Water - 27.94% (Surface water)
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
District - 24
Block - 259
Panchayat - 4423
Village - 32615
Urban population - 22.24% (27.8%)
Rural Population - 77.76% (72.2%)
Industrial Use of Water - 27.94%
Forest Area -28.10% (23.57%)
(3.34% of National Forest Area)
Reserved forest - 18.58%
(NSS Data 2008-09) - 66.46% (71.49%)
13. Pharmacy College - 1
Engineering College - 12 (1 + 1 +10)
Polytechnic College - 23 (13+10)
Management Institute - 10 (1+1+8)
ITI - 142 (22+120)
ANM - 14(5+9)
University - 5
1. New JIP 2011 Draft : It is giving importance to employment generating sector e.g. IT, Textile & Apparel, Agro & Food Processing, Automobile & Auto Components etc.
2. R&R Policy 2008 : Rs-12000/annual/Acre for 30 year
3. Voluntary Land
Acquisition Policy 2011 : Benefit to raiyat will be more than double than normal land acquisition.
4. Consent Land acquisition : On negotiated rate
5. Consented Land registration : Electrosteel, Essar Power Abhijit, Jindal etc.
e-registration /land documents
7. Existence of State Pollution Control Board
8. Coordinated Support by High Power Committee Headed by CS
9. Security Support : Opening of PS/ deployment of force, Raising of Industrial security force.
10. Experience of BOOT/PPP supported Project :
Adityapur –Kandra Road, Adityapur-Toll Bridge, Jharnet (SWAN), Pragya Kendra (CSC), State Data Centre / Cluster Development – Auto cluster, ITI and other academic institution, Tourism projects, E-registration of land document.
Major Road Network e.g. Ranchi Ring Roads, Flyovers, Jamshedpur-Kandra-Adityapur-Sariakela Road. Eastern-Western corridor project at Jamshedpur.
ITIs, Engineering college etc.
1. Mineral and Raw materials adequate availabilities.
2. Existence of Industrial culture in Jamshedpur, Ranchi, Bokaro, Dhanbad, Ramgrah, Giridih, Hazaribag, Sariakela-Kharsawan.
3. Excellent Banglore like climatic condition for the growth of Education and IT sector in Ranchi, Hazaribag, Deoghar and other imfrastructure in Jamshedpur, Bokaro, Dhanbad etc.
4. Large scale presence of consultancy organisation e.g. Mecon, CMPDI, CIMRI, SAIL R&D, ISM, NIT, IIM, XLRI, National Lac Research, HARP, CSB etc.
6. Steel Production about 12 MT, may go up to 16-17 MT by 2012, about 25% of total national production.
7. New major investment are being grounded e.g. JSPL-Patratu, Electrosteel, Abhijit- Power plant- Chandwa (Latehar), Adhunik power, Kandra, ULTRA Mega Power Tilaiya.
(i) Ramgarah - Patratu : Steel, Cement, Coal washery
(ii) Saraikela- Adityapur-
Jamshedpur : Steel, Cement, Automobiles
(iii) Chandwa- Latehar : Power
(iv)Dhanbad- Chirkunda : Refractories, retails, hotels
(v) Deoghar : Religious Tourism, Hotel, Retails
(vi) Ranchi : Retails, hotels
(vii)Giridih : Steel
10. STPI Ranchi
11. Industrial Area with adequate infrastructure
12. State had 40-45% share of M&HCV, along strong presence of ancillary auto industries e.g. RKFL, RSB, JMT, Oracle Auto, Jamuna, Metalsa etc.
State economy is primarily manufacturing based (42% of GSDP)
Jindal Steel & Power
Indo Asahi Glass
Usha Martin, HEC
TISCO, TIN Plate, Lafarge Cement
Steel Production: 12 Million MT to 25 Million MT
Cement Production: 1.1 Million MT to 1.8 Million MT
Alumina: 0.45 Million MT to 0.8 Million MT
Entrepreneurship development: EDC at Adityapur 3 More to come in next 5 years
56 Industrial Clusters have been identified, In Six, Progress already started. 25 additional will be taken up during this plan period.
Three Tool rooms on PPP – Three at Bokaro-Dhanbad, Ramghar-Patratu, Palamu-Chandva to be taken.
Ancillary Cluster- Proposed in proximity with big steel and other Plants.
Expansion of BSL at Bokaro, redevelopment of Sindri.
Partially executed MoU: Bhushan Steel (1.2 MT), JSPL (2.5 MT), Electro Steel (0.5 MT), BSL Expansion, Adhunik and Corporate Ispat.
Knowledge Park / City Proposed at Khunti – Approx 800 acres earmarked.
Sector specific Ancillary & downstream processing industrial parks have been set up (preferably in association with mother plants).
In line with Special Economic Zone Act 2006 of GOI, Product Specific Automobile and Auto component, SEZ at Adityapur has been sanctioned and is under implementation.
Software Technology Park (STP) at Ranchi -operational. Additional two at Jamshedpur and Dhanbad are under implementation
1. Raw silk production 716 MT, expected 1000 MT by 2011-12.
Beneficiary farmers engage in rearing cocoons 1.5 lacs.
Average income increased from additional annual Rs 5000/- to 30,000- 35,000/-
5000 reeler / spinner have been trained and functioning, with annual income Rs 50,000-60,000/-
Weaving of silk / cotton / wool is being done by 35 clusters invovling 52,500 weavers along 110 primary weavers cooperative society. engaging 8000 weavers.
Handicraft has covered 40,000 families, by end of 11th plan 50,000 families will be covered. Income generation Rs 3,000 - 5,000 per month
Total jobs created will be 2.6 lacs.
State is producing ‘Organic Silk’ certified by One Cert- an USA certifying agency.
Jharcraft- a PSU, constituted to provide complete solution regarding training, designing and marketing. It has has obtained license for exports.
10. 12. 5 lakh rural family will be added as Rearers during Plan Period. (now 65000 per Yr)
11. In Handloom sector 30,000 weavers will be added in job chain / every year (total 1.5 lacs family in plan period).
12. In Handicraft sector, 50,000 artisans per annum will be added (total addition 2.5 lacs families)
13. Additional job of 9.0 lacs will be created.
14. Construction of Common Facility Centers / workshops /workshops cum residence for weavers under Cluster Development Programme.
15. Establishment of Central Processing Units (for dyeing, finishing, processing) and Urban-hat (for sale of products)
16. Development of Silk Park at Sariakela-Kharsawan.
17. Development of Textile- readymade garment cluster near ormanghi, Ranchi with Jharcraft.
During JIP 2001, 2742 units with investment of Rs 376.84 crore, generated employment of 22021.
State government has also issued instructions for implementation of Micro, Small, Medium Enterprises Development Act, 2006 including the setting up of the Facilitation Council to resolve the disputes in payment
State government is working with the Banks to promote credit flow to the SMEs through various forums including the restructuring of accounts to counteract the economic slowdown
The govt. is also promoting clusterization of industries so that collectively economies of scale are achieved.
Mega Food Park in Ranchi with Rs 110 crore in implementation.
Refractory Cluster in Chirkunda, Cement cluster in Ramgarh is in progress.
Baccon Factory under PPP mode is being developed.
Barhi growth centre with 350 acre land is being proposed to be developed in PPP.
Super speciality hospital at Ranchi is being developed in PPP.
Adityapur, near Jamshedpur has over 900 industries in the MSME sector.
Adityapur – Sariakela is emerging as auto hub.
1. Development of Brahi Growth Centre 350 Acre
2. Development of Devipur industrial State
3. Development of Industrial corridoe on NH 33
4. IT and related industries- BPO
5. Automobile clusters and manufacturing of Two Wheeler, Four Wheeler and commercial vehicles
6. Cluster development : Cement, Refractories, Autocluster, Hand tool cluster, Bhendra, Bras metal, Jariagar, Bishungar
7. PPP mode educational/skill development institution.
8. Super specialities hospitals, Luxury and Budget hotels, Air taxi
9. Infrastructure development in PPP
10. Joint venture/PPP mode exploitation of mines
1. Identification of Genuine need of land for particular project
2. Correct identification of project site
3. Acquisition of land with satisfaction of villager
4. Mines clearances from Ministries of MOEF, GOI
5. Start of Mining activities in reserved forest
6. Linkages of raw material with private mines, PSU and supplies
7. Clearance and development of railway siding, power transmission network