Violence and the media. Source: US Bureau of Justice Statistics. Recently seen on broadcast or basic cable:. A doctor with his arm severed by a helicopter blade Two teenagers high on drugs kill a classmate—then eat him
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1) the attractiveness of the perpetrator;
2) the attractiveness of the victim;
3) whether the violence is justified;
4) the presence of weapons;
5) the extent and graphic quality of the violence;
6) the punishment and rewards from the violence;
7) pain/harm cues; and
•The amount of sex and violence in top grossing feature films remained the same.
•Among movies with the most sex and violence, the proportion of R ratings increased from 55 to 60 percent