Fads and Controversial Treatments in SLP. Chapter 14 Mareile Koenig & Cheryl Gunter Lindsey Gallagher Caldwell College .
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Chapter 14 Mareile Koenig & Cheryl Gunter
Based on this theory, Paula Tallal and colleagues at Scientific Learning Corporation developed Fast ForWord
Friel-Patti, DesBarres, & Thibodeux, 2001
1. Superficial forms of language ( auditory or phonological skills that have been related to acquisition of speech and language.sounds, words, grammatical forms, pragmatic rules) is the goal of language intervention.
2. Teaching parts of language will provide learners with the tools for functional communication
3. Language must be systematically targeted and taught in accord with a developmental sequence or a specific functional use
4. The role of the SLP is to enhance language development through modeling, shaping, and reinforcing correct responses
5. Outward forces, such as secondary reinforcers motivate learning and maintain a child’s attention to a task5 “erroneous assumptions”